Lack of developments

• There are lots of adult critical care transfer transfer teams that have sprung up in the last two years. ACCTS in Wales, RETRIEVE in South West, ACCS in EoE, ACCESS in London, and so on. They (mostly) have their own vehicles contracted from PAS or VAS or, in one(?) case, from the local NHS ambo trust.

They do very little work, a small handful of jobs a day. Honestly don't see it adding a huge amount to the game.

That said, I definitely *can* see a game play feature that requires players to transfer patients between their hospitals; e.g. from a hospital without Traumatology to one with. However, most hospitals I see in game are spammed with all the departments, the departments as they stand are grossly unrealistic, and a large chunk of players in any decent alliance won't have their own hospitals.

• ScotSTAR have an ECMO-capable ambulance which does adult trauma transfers, but it's more of a trial vehicle and I don't think any other services have one like it

There are also other areas which offer ECMO transfer such as Guys and St Thomas in London I believe. But these aren’t emergency services they’re funded by the NHS trust and provide contracted services for that specific need. There would be no 999 involvement

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!