Posts by TACRfan

Here in Canada we have HUSAR = Heavy Urban Search and Rescue. This team dispatches to major incidents, whether it be Structure collapses or natural disasters...etc.

Our fire departments use RIT = Rapid Intervention Teams. They are specialized teams which are specially trained specifically for on scene fire fighter rescues. These teams are on our Rescue Pumpers so they get dispatched to other calls and are used in working fires, 1st alarms and above as well. Rescue pumpers are used for any type of call ranging from medical to structure fires but are the only fire vehicles we have for RIT.

In case anyone was interested in knowing. :)

I find it interesting how things can be called something different around the world but do the same thing

A simple idea to semi for fill this idea because some people want this to expand response areas why not have a building like the dispatch center that is basically like a radio tower that lets you have a larger response area the tower would spawn calls.

The building would cost 50.00 credits and would come as small (what the radias for stations are now) medium (double the current distance) and large (3x the current distance).

If your a little confused let me know

that sounds like a good idea

The use of Bing maps is very limited with OSM. The agreement being;

In other words other than drawing roads over satellite imagery for the purpose of making the OSM map data, Bing maps can't be used.

Fair enough, thanks for looking into it

What's everyone's thoughts on casualties? What number should we look at?

I think between 0 and 30, it's an alliance mission so people will have to help from around the alliance, however I also think there should be some new missions for fire and ambulance, police and ambulance, and police, fire and ambulance to cater for people with different setups with higher casualty numbers.

I like the casualties suggestion, maybe make it random so it could be 0 or it could be as high as 30 as it is a major incident it would be reasonable I think. I haven't had chance to play it yet so I was not sure if there was any casualties

On a side note you couldn't tell me what units are required could you?

As much as i would like it, it appears that the app is using a different map than pc ans the roads are different in some of my areas

Surely if accurate information is received then the call can be placed as such. Calls have a chance to change but as the game doesn't feature more detail than just a mission title the incident can't be described any better.

If I called and said a garage is on fire, why remove such detail from the call?

At least for the department I work for. If you were to call in that your garage was on fire. The incident would be dispatched as a structure fire. Once I get on the truck and check my MCT notes. That's where I will see the notes for "garage on fire"

Out of curiosity how hard would it be to make a randomly generated call description?

No they are definitely USAR. They are based in a small town and go to any call that requires them across 3,520 square miles in the counties of Norfolk and Suffolk. Thay can also attend incidents anywhere in the UK as they are part of a National Resilience program, find out more about the program here: http://www.local.gov.uk/docume…a5-40d0-be7f-ee0ae2aab6ce

Interesting about the type 3s etc, I don't know a lot about American fire fighting so it's always nice to learn.

I like the idea of people getting rewarded for buying coins, maybe there could be something called Building tokens which are earned from levelling up or depending on what coin pack you buy you get a certain amount of these tokens. Sebastian must keep a record of transactions from a business point of view so he must know whos bought coins so he could still give the people who have previously bought coins the tokens that they should have. A building Token would entitle you to build 1 building of any kind.

Token rewards:

Level Up = 1 Token

30 Coins = 1 Token
    50 Coins = 2 Tokens
    115 Coins = 3 Tokens
    300 Coins = 10 Tokens
    850 Coins = 15 Tokens
    2000 Coins = 20 Tokens

the two australian fire trucks come under the NSW Rural Fire Service classifications which makes the large one a type 1 appliance and the small one a type 7 appliance here there is the NSW Fire Rescue (full time state owned) and tge NSW Rural Fire Service(volunteer state owned) that doth have different classifications
    Could have changed now the NSW Fire Rescue did some changes like 6 months ago todo with unit classifications and that

Interesting, I did not know that. I was just trying to find pictures of wildfire Fire trucks from around the world. The problem I was seeing with having only brush trucks is if you take my set up for example the counties I cover don't use any pick up type brush trucks, they use the MAN truck that I posted in a picture which is 4x4 but it also can attend other incidents such as RTC's and fires that are not in a rural setting, and that's my problem, if they were to add only the pickup style that would only be for wildfires I would loose about 25-30 type 1 engines from my fleet of vehicles. This isn't just a problem for me but small pickup truck style units are not common here, the only one I know of is the one I posted which is the Hampshire fire and rescue Land Rover, that's why I think there should be the crossover truck.

Well, USAR stands for Urban Search and Rescue

I know but here they go to anything that requires a search and/or rescue team. I know a few years back there was an gas explosion at a farm house and they attended to shore up the building and carry out search operations and this was 35-40 miles from the nearest city, the team here is not even based in a city. Recently there was a storm surge and they went and where on standby at the coast in case they were needed. The problem is they are part of the UKs national resilience program and not every county has a USAR team so these guys could be called to attend anywhere in the country.