Posts by TheNavalAuxiliary

I’ve just noticed that on some of the other servers they have things like mounted police, sergeant, public order, fire investigation ect. I’m not a games developer so im probably missing something,but can’t these units be ‘copy and pasted’ across from the other games.

I know we’re only small markets compared to USA, Aus, Ger, but I’m getting bored playing the same old game.

Police should be getting a major overhaul next, while fire investigation and such are lower down on the list than water rescue, USAR, etc

I would like to see this document that you mention as there are as far as I’m aware no national guidelines for PDA’s and it’s service specific depending on resources available and location. Yet again a small call gets added because people moan that it’s only big calls and then people go out of their way to find fault. It’s starting to get pretty tiring as we seem to spend a lot of our own time working on things for people to only criticise.

Is this a call that the fire service should respond too? That’s a debate for somewhere else. Is this a call that the fire service DO respond too? Yes it is.

I think this idea that the community moans about changes is a bit ignorant, I don't personally mind this call- but at the end of the day, people were just criticizing it. You can't have a game without community criticism.

It really depends on area.

If it's on some random B-road bridge, you'd probably only see 1 IRV there. If it's on a bridge on a dual carriageway however, you'll see multiple IRV and RPU vehicles as well as maybe even an ambulance on standby. When it comes to call categories, multiple variations would be helpful because some might be a C3 if it's just someone on a bridge and a C2 or C1 depending on where exactly they are on the bridge.

HART & Fire can also attend dependent on the type of incident as I said, so at least a fire variation would not go amiss.

I’m sure we can look at getting them added to Ambo stations then

Was about to make a post asking for this so thank god I checked, this would certainly be useful as the Scottish Ambulance Service now has electric Peugeot support vehicles being rolled out to stations, which while aren't really welfare it's the closest thing, and I'd much rather it require HART training than an entire HART base in the middle of Tomintoul for it lol

I have thought about this before, having a realism option in the settings for premium members. Adjusting the calls for the general game though just wouldn’t work as players would not be earning enough to keep them interested in playing the game (an issue with previous versions)

Bus stop was added before there was even the idea of a water script and is a direct port from the German version, it shouldn’t be there but it is. Heathland, you don’t put down a POI every 500 meters of heathland, just 1 (maybe two) if it’s a large area. It’s not the same as having to place POI’s every 500 meters up an entire river and then in every pond and around the edge of every lake or suitable for HVP operations, and then getting the game to work out if the call is close enough to spawn and require an hvp, a system that doesn’t exist and honestly won’t exist. You then have calls where you can daisy chain multiple HVP’s. There are too many variables to add it and it’s nowhere near as easy as you are making it out to be

Fair enough then, I know the idea won't get anywhere. I also know the staff team wants to give the HVP more of a use as I've seen in your posts before, so I'll hope eventually we do see it used somehow.

Unless your going to place POI's in every Pond, Lake and continuously down rivers within 3km of where you may get a fire there is no way to accurately spawn missions. This plus the hydrant POI's wont work for many reasons as i have stated on many occasions as well as another that has just come to light recently as i have recently found out that the game has a limit to the total number of POI's you can place in order to keep the game running smoothly.

If by POI's you mean only POI Missions, this is more down the line of thought i have had on them, however again, a HVP requirement comes with problems such as the game having no limit to the type of calls you can get, meaning you could get 40 missions requiring HVP for example which for most areas (or all to be honest) would completely overwhelm those playing realistically.

By this logic then the heathland and bus stop POI is useless because there are so many, surely using a POI such as "Forest bordering lake" could generate rarer 'HVP only required if available' missions

Heathrow and Gatwick have them. I’d like to see them added as especially in the case of Heathrow a lot of players cover that airport, but it wouldn’t necessarily be required, may have a special purpose or act as an aerial for certain types of calls so a player can send that or an aerial to meet the requirement

For an airport update reckon I'd just get one and have it as one of the non-fire ones