Posts by Nickynickdispatch

You do realize that by creating a rescue pumper that gets rid of the need for both units? But yet you want to just keep creating more. As well I understand departments actually use those units, but by saying oh I want this unit because my small department has it is basically saying that the game is to be tailored to you. If this is seriously what you guys want as the top priority for this game then go play the german version. They have five different types of engines and I'm damn well sure that one of them is a rescue pumper. Right now we don't have much for our version simply because we flood the dev with these stupid ideas that are nonsense right now. Plain and simple.

Exactly. It eliminates the need for both units. Like the quint. And for those players who don't want to do it they don't have to. Like you. And you're going off the deep end many many departments all over the world have this! Here in the US they are rescue engines. We see them all over. It's a great idea and very realistic. In fact more so than the quint I think. This is a wonderful idea I don't know why I didnt think of it. And by the way giving all the new (not stupid ideas) is what this forum is for! And they choose the best ideas to implement. It's not because we flood them with all the ideas it's because the development team everyone thinks exists ... only consists of one person, and that is Sebastian. So quit yapping - if you don't like the idea then fine. Just say so. Last time I checked you didn't run development so don't speak for them. They (he) are(is) perfectly capable of choosing what updates to carry out. Maybe not quickly but I'm sure he's not stupid.

I would agree to a point with emergency. Although they can treat up to 25%, many of the injuries could be cleared by BLS treatment. Having an ambulance have to clear every call even though they won't transport is something a fly-car/engine may have been able to handle. I may have some bias for this particular topic since the department I am employed by staffs firefighter/paramedics on all rigs: engines, medics, ladders, etc. But I know other departments around the country at least have BLS capabilities from at least one personnel on their fire suppression rigs.

reading this makes me see a potential in this idea.... and to add to it if a patient doesn't need to be transported then you'd think the injury would be treatable by a basic EMS unit. So maybe not really having a pramedic engine, but changing calls to where the transport probability is 50 (as is already), and therefore making the call to where an ambulance requirement is 50? And the engine can just treat it. Or maybe an ambo is required and then a 50% chance it can be called off or downgraded to a non transport. I know in some departments like Houston ambulances are not required at calls like stubbed toes and choking and such that they won't need transport or it's a simple fix problem...

Aw someone's feelings were hurt. Bud TACRfan is right. No one calls to report a building collapse only for the fire department to arrive and find that their couch was on fire. I mean honestly let's just think logically. I agree this game could use a bit of work but the moderators are volunteers who work to put up with us annoying people and pitch ideas to a developer who has this game on the back burner (not a tear-down, just fact). I can totally see why gavin said what he said. As for you, don't go attacking someone who volunteers to out up with our crap without pay. He doesn't need to be here but without him and the others we wouldn't have any updates at all (or even dare I say, a game)

Only person attacking anyone is you. If you wanna rant I'll report you. And yes people call and exaggerate things all the time. You best keep your mouth shut. And once again not the topic of the thread.

How realistic do you want this game to be in terms of calls? In one thread, you're arguing for volcanic eruptions to happen everywhere. In the next, you're saying there's too many building collapses. If this was perfectly realistic, 70% of the calls in the game would be purely medical, and you'd only get something fire related every few weeks. That seems boring to me, and this is a game.

First off, if you're going to quote and reply to what I put on here can you at least not make false statements and exaggerate what I have said? If you will read the many posts I put in the volcano thread, it clearly says that i DO NOT want them happening everywhere, it would be alliance initiated, and would only happen once a month. Secondly, you are going off the deep end. I'm saying the game needs to improve what it already has, I never said anything about realism in the post. Third of all, of you have 50 stations in a big city like I do you'll get fire related calls multiple times a day. And it's about the ratio. The game moves fast, so if it were 70 percent medical, so be it- there would be plenty of fire. I was simply addressing possible improvements, as is my RIGHT on this forum. I am very grateful for Jason's professional, encouraging response, and would have hoped you as a moderator would have done the same. And I checked- this response breaks no rules. So I hope it doesn't get taken down.

I would like to ad that I am quite hurt and shocked by Gavin876's response. I really want to see this game succeed and wanted to share my frustrations and concerns, which is what the forums are for, and I got an aggressive, uncalled for response from a forum moderator, instead of an answer and reassurance that addressed the thread. I'm not sure what I did to upset Gavin876 but he is obviously upset with me. The response wasn't really even to the idea of why I started the thread either. You'd think he would try and address the concerns or at least stay on topic, but he did the opposite of both. Not really sure what I did to deserve that...

Rescue boats could be an expantion onto the Ambulance station to make a lifeguard station, we could also have missions out at see like man over board also some missions may need an Air Ambulance so they can Winch the patient out of the Boat. Also Beach missions could be good like a lost child. In the UK we have RNLI which patrol most beaches and have diffrent boats like the Onshore and Severn these and both diffrent sized boats and can carry more.

Please let me know if you agree and and questions please do ask.

ConzSJA123 (European Emergency Services)

may also be available at lakes and rivers, and I know here in the US fire departments have rescue boats. So could be an extension there. And maybe there could be the option of using a utility to transport the boat via trailer to an emergency scene.

Beach patrol is an interesting idea, however it's rather confined to coastal areas (not entirely, but for the most part). All of us in the central US would be left out.

Not necessarily there are lakes. Also, if you wanted badly enough to have this feature build at a beach. Doesn't mean others shouldn't have it bcs you feel left out bcs you don't as a result of where you choose to build...

Not a bad idea, I do like the idea of events generating patients over the course of it's being active, however I am not keen on any events taking a whole day/two days as this would stretch the resources I already have. On the other hand this game does strive for realism, and so that might be something that could be implemented I suppose...

maybe we could choose how long it is and how often things happen like for storm. But maybe it could be two days, with things happening every 5, 10, or 20 minutes instead of every few seconds? :)

I like it the more possibilities the more fun and broad the game is. We could do the poi, or, maybe, We could maybe set a start, finish, and path. For the event, kind of like how we select size and intensity and location of a storm. And also, that would give us the option of staging points

like TACRfan said, this is very localised and would be more suited to places where their are volcanos. EG: mt Etna. also, do you have an idea what units could be needed, and how many stations etc?

Well it would hopefully be for where ever the player wanted, either through POI or alliance event/mission. And as far as the units needed I don't see how that is going to help either of our arguments that bridge has to be crossed with every new mission. And as far as stations, i am not for this to be a ragular mission just so we're clear on where I stand. I mean this would be an initiated alliance event, or would only happen through POI's for players who WANT to place them. I'm for that, but I would not be for them happening as a regular mission.

@TACRfan ok well I just disagree. Granted it may happen less often with building collapses, but then if you look at how often building collapses happen I this game it's very unrealistic as well. So maybe there could be like a probability ratio where out of ever 5 dangerous goods truck accidents, 1 was only a road accident. And out of every 20 building collapses, 1 was a downgrade. And then you also can think about the fact that dispatchers can misinterpret, so if someone says oh something just fell ok my kid, or the wall inside my house gave way, the dispatcher might assume more is going on or mishear the caller and send for a building collapse when really it's only something minor. I just think with all the scenarios that happen, how often we get building collapses and other major calls in the game, and how often the upgrade, they oughta be able to downgrade.

I don't know if I'm the only one who is experiencing this, but I never get any patients on high rise fires. I thought that's just the way it was supposed to be, but then a few minutes ago I had one and I was reading through the mission requirements and it said the minimum patient number was 4, and that the patient transport probability was 50, so it looks like I should be getting patients on high rise fires, but I am not, nor have I ever.

@TACRfan ok well this time I tagged you but I don't see how something that is integrated into the forum and used by players (quoting) is against the rules. I, and everyone else that did was trying to make sure the proper people were addressed. If anything it's a tech problem with the site. I appreciate it though. I understand what you mean with the volcanic eruptions but again, players can be as casual as they want, and you don't have to be. If you don't want to prtcicipate int he update if it were to happen then it could be like it never happened and you could ignore it. It's a player by player thing, just giving everyone more options. I mean if you think about it it's not too casual. Because if a volcano did, in fact, erupt in the real world, there would be emergencies that would require service. That's why I was saying well maybe make it only optional once a month rather.than once a week like the storms and alliance large scale missions. But why hold it back from those who want it when those who don't can ignore it. Because this kind of thing does in fact happen.

@TACRfan ok first of all that's not even the point of this thread so why bring it up? Second of all, I'm not sure where you live, but here in America, it's actually more likely for someone to call 911 and exaggerate a call then to understate it. Very many times firefighters receive a call that describes a huge pileup and people are dying, and they arrive to find a two car accident no one injured and the two people are arguing about damages. And then there are those calls that say "help my house is gonna burn down" and they just burnt their dinner. So what you just said doesn't happens actually happens all the time. People freak out and exaggerate things. So like an industrial fire could be downgraded to a waste bin fire, or a building collapse could be downgraded to a room fire. If the caller says the roof just caved in when really a beam fell and made a loud noise. See what I mean? Calls downgrade upon arrival much more often than they upgrade.

no one is double posting. I can't even tel who said that bcs of all the quotes but it's not double posting were trying not to cover our bases. Al it is is the forum. When you quote someone and then reply, it reposts what they said..... not double posting. It's just getting out of hand.

High rise fires are way more common than volcanic eruptions and if you start adding silly calls like this it just means that it will take development time away from more needed and realistic things. If they are going to be adding this then they might as well add a great fire which as the great Fire of London, it's rare but it's happend however it would be very unrealistic. Would it not be better to have a wide spread event like a wildfire, wildfires happen every year and in more locations than active volcanos.

Please don't double post, it just fills up the topic and I think is against the forum rules, there is an edit button for a reason.

Ok so like I just TACRfan, it could be an alliance thing. People would have the option. We were talking about localization not recurrence, so therefore your mention of how often they happen compared to high rise fires is irrelevant. It's not silly it's an opportunity within an alliance between players to have more fun. And by the way, your idea of a great fire sounds terrific. Just another disaster possibility. And who cares if it's realistic or not? If you want to play realistically then fine that's your own business but others don't have to play like you and have their profile just like yours. It would be through a POI. Go back and read the thread I've already addressed all the things you're bringing up. It would be nice to have the option there for players who want it. If you don't want to do it- then don't participate. Simple as that. But don't think others have to have the same mindset in the game as you.