Posts by Jeff2mars

Eventually you'll have to get a little creative. Any Missions created are based off of real life scenarios and our Missions Team goes over things very thoroughly before submitting newer Missions.

Are you serious?

This must be a joke!

Almost all large scale mission are anything but realistic in terms of units requested... as well as the insane spawning frequency of large scale missions...

This game is getting more and more unrealistic and I think that the dev team should recruit a few real firemen to think about calls requirements.

Devs have chosen their side, that of players who do not play realistically. The rest of us are not considered...

150K, some can clear that in minutes, the formula has been set to ensure that it not becomes super easy to just build away.

This is a game after all, it's not meant to be simple, the cost increase is meant to challenge.

I'm at 337 fire stations, a small FD costs 879k and a large is 1.75m, with that I can generate 338 calls, with the higher value calls that are coming out, it's not hard to make 1 million in a day, and I can say there are people who make much more than that in a day, and by no means do I play for an entire day.

But we don't want to generate 338 calls to be able to afford new stations. We don't play like you because we play realistically. You and top-of-the list alliances only play for sharing hundreds of large missions to earn credits fast. We want to earn enough credits while playing realistically.

I think that your fire engine treat only 10% of the patient and then the treatment progress bar stops until an ambulance arrives

EMS-Chief thank you for this information but this does not help with our wish. We would like the fire engines to be able to treat BLS/ALS patients if personnel with ALS training is assigned to the vehicle, before transporting with an ambulance. This would be like REAL life in several US fire departments.

The current trend of the game is to assign trained personnel to a wide variety of vehicles, so the most realistic thing would be ALS trained personnel assigned to fire engines with the ability to treat patients, like in real life. I can see many people who wish a more realistic game. Thank you!

It doesn't make sense that if we assign personnel with ALS training in a regular Engine, they are not able to treat patients.

In an other post I've been told that it does make sense to assign personnel with EMS Command training to a regular MCV or EMS Chief vehicle and be able to use their training. So in this case let us use regular fire engines with ALS trained personnel to treat patients before transporting them with an ambulance.

EMS-Chief could you ask developers please ? Thank you.

That's what I'm saying... and I think this is not relevant to ask "EMS Mobile Command personnel" without asking an "EMS Mobile command vehicle" whereas this vehicle exists. When all the requested vehicles are on scene, it often lacks "2x EMS Mobile Command personnel" because players had not assigned this personnel to the MCV but to their "EMS mobile command vehicle", which was not dispatched because not required.

I say that the requirements for the mission is a MCV. People understand it as the regular MCV we have had from long time ago. So they send a MCV.

But if you look closely at the requirements, it also says that personnel with EMS mobile command training are required. So the call is not completed.

People most often have personnel with EMS command training in the EMS mobile command vehicle. So to avoid loosing time on call completion, it would be smarter to request an EMS mobile command vehicle instead of a MCV to complete the mission.

POWER PLANT FIRE - EXPLOSION

Required : 2x Mobile Command Vehicles

Required Personnel 2x EMS Mobile Command

Why not having requested an EMS mobile command unit since this vehicle exists ?

People have only sent 2 MCV so there is no personnel with EMS mobile command training on scene. The call has been blocked for hours. There are plenty of examples like this since the recent updates. This game is becoming hard to play...

They could put a cap on some mission types. Something like can't have more than 75% chemical industrial missions.

Or just it is forbidden to set a percentage of occurrence above 5% for calls with a reward higher than 3000+ credits. This could work to mitigate the downside.

For those who play like in real life, it would be great to have the ability to set the percentage of occurrence of each call.

A list of all the calls with a field to set a percentage. According to this percentage the call would be more or less likely to spawn.

Edit : someone said in an other post that some people would set high percentages for high rewarding calls only. So to mitigate this downside, it could be forbidden to set a percentage of occurrence above 5% for calls with a reward higher than XXX+ credits.

In most departments it has 4, 5 or 6 firefighters. Why not just allow 3 to 6 ?!

I really don't understand why it is such a pain to do small changes that would make the game more realistic.

I wish we had an option to make calls as realistic as possible, and being able to set a percentage of occurrence for every types of calls.

It's hard to play realistically in this game...

Yes it's always been like this but I think the formula is not appropriate. Without playing 24/7 and participating in dozens of high rewarding shared called a day it's become far too slow to build new fire stations. I'd really appreciate that someone in the team figure out how frustrating it is. I regret the time I had less than 100 stations.

Moreover, if tomorrow I decide to leave my alliance, I won't be able to afford any new fire station just with my own calls. This formula is insane.

I think there is a mismatch between the "Heavy rescue" vehicle, the new SAR and technical equipment and the way we have used the heavy rescue vehicle since the beginning of the game.

According to the missions where it is needed in the game, the heavy rescue vehicle would often be named a "USAR" truck in several fire departments. In any case, it should carry SAR and technical rescue equipment by default and we shouldn't have to add this equipment to it.

SAR and technical rescue equipment should be allowed in fire engines, trucks, fly cars, utility units or ems rescues for instance, or in any vehicle if you want to simplify the game. But please, consider changing the name of the heavy rescue or at least have SAR and technical rescue equipment by default in it, like in real life.

so i have this thing again: i know that the LACoFD has EMS Rescue Squads idk if that still is the case but how do i manage this in missionchief?
    there are a couple of options.... i could use a EMS rescue, a ALS engine and convert into a squad (hope that i can put rescue equipment in it) or i could pick a ALS Rescue Ambulance and exclude them from transporting patients? what does fit the best?

I use Fly cars as Squads in LAcoFD because EMS rescues act like a heavy rescue+EMS and I don't want them to be like heavy rescues. Squads generally don't have extrications tools except in Avalon (Catalina Island).

My setup in LAcoFD is :

- EMS Engines with at least 2 firefighter with ALS training if the station has a "paramedic engine" in real life

- EMS Engines with at least 1 firefighter with ALS training if the station has a "paramedic assessment unit" engine in real life

- Regular engine if the station has a regular BLS engine in real life

- Fly cars for ems squads

My EMS Engines never transport, I always use an ambulance.

If I could add technical rescue equipment in fly cars they would look more like LAcoFD Squads but the equipment market is totally messed up in my opinion.

I think truck 82 was recently the only truck that was not a Quint.

Sometimes we no longer need some vehicles, because for example they are no more in service in real life.

We could be allowed to sell them on a second-hand market to the players of our alliance or to the whole community, at a chosen price by the vendor (but at least 10% less than the original price for instance).

To make new vehicles still attractive, the used vehicle purchased would come by road and would therefore take a certain time to arrive, or it could be subject to downtime for refit.

I have now 778 fire stations, so building a small fire station costs 1M and a large station costs 2M.

Building more stations is therefore extremely slow and I feel like punished for having progressed in the game.

I think that when we reach a certain number of fire stations, their price should stop increasing otherwise it becomes very painful to play. I think 300 credits for a small station and 600 for a large one should be the maximum.