Announcement Going forward

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • Going forward

      Hello players.

      Recently the frustration and anger in the community has been growing due to the lack of communication and updates from the new development team. This has not just been growing inside the community, but also the moderation team as well.

      Today, as the only mod that they have contact with, I have spoken to the new devs about the concerns that I personally have along with not only the moderators but from the community as a whole. These included the lack of communication, lack of updates, not bringing the other mods on board, amongst others. I am pleased to say that progress appears to have been made. I will list a few things below.

      Will the forum continue to be used? Yes! The forums will remain vital to suggestions for the game, alliance advertisements. It will also be moderated by the current team of mods. Hopefully we can also get two sections on the forum for the UK game and US game and potentially expand in the future.

      Will bugs be reported to moderators? No, bugs will now be handled by the new devs through the new app, there is no harm in posting in the bug section on the forum still though as us mods still should be able to take bugs up, however through the app is the most efficient way.

      Will there still be content announcements on the Facebook? Yes! Updates will now be done by the devs on the Facebook rather than the moderation team.

      Will there still be content updates for the games? Yes! The moderation team will be helping the new devs create content updates for the community to keep the games new and exciting based on community feedback.

      When will we get new content? Soon, unfortunately the new devs are still learning the code so for the meantime it may just be missions but hopefully we can bring some requested content soon.

      Will the games become more realistic to the local areas of which they are set? Eventually, but at this stage it may not be the best idea as players are still playing on the original MC version until the others are established.


      I will be making a post explaining today’s changes to the vehicles in the UK version after this one.

      hopefully that’s answered some of your questions and I am hopeful, going forward, that we can really improve on the game which so many of us have put a lot of hours in. Only time will tell though.


      TACRfan
    • Good to hear finally.

      By the way, now they just renamed -again- vehicles, instead of implementing new ones.
      So we lost TRV and we have L4P instead.....
      Still we have type 1 and 2 engines (like it's on US). And these personnel numbers? From where??
    • Todays vehicle changes

      Im going to go through one by one and explain the reasoning behind the changes to the vehicles in the UK version.

      WrL: Changed from Rescue Ladder due to it having no rescue capability. Also possible to have a maximum crew of 9 to reflect some rural areas more accurately. This is not a minimum crew.

      L4P: This was changed to L4P to better reflect more services across the UK. There are other names for these vehicles including RRV, RIV, TRV, IIV amongst others. L4P is a broader term so that is why it was chosen.

      Command unit has been changed to fire officer to better reflect the unit. An ICCU will be added at a later date

      Turntable Ladder has been changed to aerial appliance. This is so that it is a more generic term as it could be used for TL's, ALP's, Or HP's.

      MRU has changed to RSU as it is a more common term.


      More units are planned to be added. Im not sure when but hopefully we can get them in soon to add some diversity to the fleet.





      Good to hear finally.

      SirHiggins wrote:


      By the way, now they just renamed -again- vehicles, instead of implementing new ones.
      So we lost TRV and we have L4P instead.....
      Still we have type 1 and 2 engines (like it's on US). And these personnel numbers? From where??
      I have covered the reasoning behind most changes above. One brigade that is going to be running 9 on a pump is Norfolk from winter this year, inline with the new Hilux vehicles. As i said in my first post content updates will come out but it may be a little bit. I will try to get vehicles from the US version added as that will help missions. These will be configured to a UK theme.
    • TACRfan wrote:

      Its not about them being the same. Its about what is more common. If players want a TRV added as well this is something that can be looked into but what i am saying is L4P is more common from what i have seen through out the UK
      Sure. But they could've put the 'new' vehicles as new ones (the L4P) iso renaming, this is just what im saying.

      Ps: and what service uses RSU? :o
    • SirHiggins wrote:

      TACRfan wrote:

      Its not about them being the same. Its about what is more common. If players want a TRV added as well this is something that can be looked into but what i am saying is L4P is more common from what i have seen through out the UK
      Sure. But they could've put the 'new' vehicles as new ones (the L4P) iso renaming, this is just what im saying.
      Yeah i get where you are coming from. I think at this stage we need to bring vehicles from the US game like Mobile Air and ICCU so that we can get some better missions in the game and go from there. I get what you are saying about renaming but this is hopefully just the start. Once we get that UK section established then we can have a proper section for new suggestions for that game and then a bit for things like adapting missions etc.

      Going forward

      Hertfordshire and Humberside and Lincs amongst others
    • @TACRfan

      Sounds like a work in progress and a great step forward! What is the possibility of upping the crew count on some of the units in the American version once things settle down with the development team?

      Mainly on all Engines, Quints, and the Platform Ladder.

      Plus I had another question. You were mentioning something about Rescue Ladder for the UK version that was changed. Do you think there will ever be a Rescue Ladder for the American version?

      Otherwise as a player of the community I am very happy to see that we have opened their eyes.
    • rescuenut93 wrote:

      @TACRfan

      Sounds like a work in progress and a great step forward! What is the possibility of upping the crew count on some of the units in the American version once things settle down with the development team?

      Mainly on all Engines, Quints, and the Platform Ladder.

      Plus I had another question. You were mentioning something about Rescue Ladder for the UK version that was changed. Do you think there will ever be a Rescue Ladder for the American version?

      Otherwise as a player of the community I am very happy to see that we have opened their eyes.
      I think that’s a definite possibility once the games have been properly separated rather than the mess at the moment.

      when I say rescue ladder, I mean rescue engine. In the UK these are called Rescue pumps or Rescue ladders. Again though I’m sure ladders being able to handle MVA’s is something that can be looked at in the future.
    • TACRfan wrote:

      Hello players.

      Recently the frustration and anger in the community has been growing due to the lack of communication and updates from the new development team. This has not just been growing inside the community, but also the moderation team as well.

      Today, as the only mod that they have contact with, I have spoken to the new devs about the concerns that I personally have along with not only the moderators but from the community as a whole. These included the lack of communication, lack of updates, not bringing the other mods on board, amongst others. I am pleased to say that progress appears to have been made. I will list a few things below.

      Will the forum continue to be used? Yes! The forums will remain vital to suggestions for the game, alliance advertisements. It will also be moderated by the current team of mods. Hopefully we can also get two sections on the forum for the UK game and US game and potentially expand in the future.

      Will bugs be reported to moderators? No, bugs will now be handled by the new devs through the new app, there is no harm in posting in the bug section on the forum still though as us mods still should be able to take bugs up, however through the app is the most efficient way.

      Will there still be content announcements on the Facebook? Yes! Updates will now be done by the devs on the Facebook rather than the moderation team.

      Will there still be content updates for the games? Yes! The moderation team will be helping the new devs create content updates for the community to keep the games new and exciting based on community feedback.

      When will we get new content? Soon, unfortunately the new devs are still learning the code so for the meantime it may just be missions but hopefully we can bring some requested content soon.

      Will the games become more realistic to the local areas of which they are set? Eventually, but at this stage it may not be the best idea as players are still playing on the original MC version until the others are established.


      I will be making a post explaining today’s changes to the vehicles in the UK version after this one.

      hopefully that’s answered some of your questions and I am hopeful, going forward, that we can really improve on the game which so many of us have put a lot of hours in. Only time will tell though.


      TACRfan
      Finally! Thanks for the clearup! Glad to here that everything will remain the same
      U.S Emergency Services Logistics Lieutenant
      Covering Los Angeles, California & Surrounding Areas