• Hello,

I was thinking that if the game has a realism mode it would improve the game play drastically.

What about if there was 3 buttons. One button would allow to set a realistic vehicle speed for a vehicle. Another button would allow to change the time it takes for missions to complete to a realistic time period. The third button would change how many missions spawn to a point at a realistic level.

The mode would change no mission output and be purely for those who want to play a little realistic.

This is just a concept and I am not saying it needs to be implemented but it would be interesting to see other opinions.

Thank you very much for reading.

IUsed2HavAWii69.

• I was thinking more only on one axis and that is slower. By making the mission completion speed and vehicle speed lower, it would only negatively impact (in terms of points) the player who sets it. It would make it a more realistic game however as it would appear like were actually a real controller with events happening in real time as well as the response time.

I measured that to go up a 0.35 mile A road it took about 11 seconds on mission chief. In real life it takes a minute or two to drive up. I do bare in mind that the speed limit for A roads can reach a max of 70mph and it would be impossible to set an appropriate speed for every single road but that's why I feel a slowing method would be useful.

To different areas and number of buildings the realistic and other mission spawn settings don't always feel realistic to those who want to play realistic. I am not saying speed it up as it's already quick enough but to add an ability to slow it down or have an in between to the already set times would be very useful for me personally.

I was thinking that it would be a perfect premium perk as there isn't too much that premium offers right now but I would definitely pay for it if it included a realistic mod or allowed me to create a fully realistic environment.

• A minute to travel 0.35 miles is an average speed around 20mph. I don’t see that being a realistic emergency response speed.

The speed cannot be changed as it’s what’s calculated from the routing system. Usually people complain it’s too slow though. It’s a first to see someone want it slower!

• I did get the calculations wrong sorry.

I did a little more research and I found that some roads were fine and some way too fast for me. I think that is just the fact that the roads are A roads but have very low speed limits and are in very built up areas.

I don't think it is that much of an issue as most people have the correct speed limits and I imagine it will be impossible to fix this especially as I am the only person who has the issue.

Thank you very much for the reply,
    IUsed2HavAWii69.

• A minute to travel 0.35 miles is an average speed around 20mph. I don’t see that being a realistic emergency response speed.

The speed cannot be changed as it’s what’s calculated from the routing system. Usually people complain it’s too slow though. It’s a first to see someone want it slower!

Does it not take into effect speed limits on OSM? I play in a rural area and it seems when my deputies need to get from one town to another it seems to be at about speed limit (65-70 mph). Granted... In real life they tpically push 90 to 100... Lol

Edit: I ask this because I'm curious to know whether adding a 55mph speed limit on the gravel roads would be beneficial or not.

• The big thing is, the system doesn't calculate traffic, and slowing down to clear intersections or to make turns, I mean it's a game, and is pretty fun . and stuff, I guess during a 'rush hour' time period you could do something like slow it down, but then it just draws everything out and complicates thing.

• Does it not take into effect speed limits on OSM? I play in a rural area and it seems when my deputies need to get from one town to another it seems to be at about speed limit (65-70 mph). Granted... In real life they tpically push 90 to 100... Lol

Edit: I ask this because I'm curious to know whether adding a 55mph speed limit on the gravel roads would be beneficial or not.

Delay in getting back to you @thatoneiowan - Sebastian confirmed the OSM speed limit DOES influence the vehicle speed. Not necessarily a 1:1 factor though, the calculations a bit different. So yes, adding speed limits to your roads (especially if they're faster roads) should see a improvement.

Of course do ensure they're correct as OSM push for accuracy. I know someone before made an edit on OSM to make something easier in their game that wasn't entirely correct and lost their OSM editing access.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!