Response Regulations Imperfection

• Not exactly a bug, but an imperfection. Apologies if it have been posted previously, I'm new to the forum.

I noticed that Quint, which serves as firetruck AND a platform falls under Firetruck category, and that only. Is not shown under Other Fire Apparatus TAB.

Also, when I added firetrucks and platforms to a certain Response Regulation, I noticed the game checks the Quint as the nearest firetruck, but also checks Platform as well, like the Quint wasn't enough! So there are Quint AND a Platform going to the scene. To prevent that we need to uncheck the Platform manually. It's the same with Rescue Engine and Heavy Rescue Vehicle.

My rig: Win 7, Firefox 57, I also play on Android app, but in this case I believe it does't matter ;) Cheers guys, the game is great and me and my firefighter and 911/112-calltaker friends are having great time playing it :D

EDIT: Just a minute ago I noticed: Regulation I created says Firetruck, Platform, Heavy Rescue Vehicle, after selecting the regulation the vehicles checked are Firetruck, Platform and Heavy Rescue Engine. Guess you already were working on this, but it still needs some adjustment ;)

• I have commented on this before, so I’m glad you brought it up. I have just been manually deselecting, but yes the game needs a sort of “second layer” in the alarm and response to double check its efficiency. In the meantime Toporj, a little trick is to observe which units are selected and notice the flaws in the game. For example if a hypothetical mission requires 2 engines and a rescue, the regulation will display the following, with (*) meaning it is selected:

*Rescue/Engine 1*
    *Quint 2*
    Type 1 Engine 3
    *Rescue/Engine 4*

Obviously Engine 1 fulfills two vehicle requirements, but the game will skip a unit and select the next one. That is how I “outsmart the game” per se, and know which units i can deselect.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!