Make missions more "time specific"

• Hi all, hope you had a Merry Xmas :)

I've noticed, especially as I play in the early hours, that certain calls are generated that you probably wouldn't get. Let's take the "Smoke Detector Check" call for example - I've just had it spawn in but it's 4am here. Would it be possible to get some calls to only spawn in at certain times. Thank you to the developer for all your hard work and the moderators too.

Cheers very much,
    Cameron.

Hi, I'm Cameron.
    I cover the operational area of the West Midlands, Guernsey, Jersey, Warwickshire, Staffordshire and the North West.

Chief Operations Manager for AllianceUK.

• Hi all, hope you had a Merry Xmas :)

I've noticed, especially as I play in the early hours, that certain calls are generated that you probably wouldn't get. Let's take the "Smoke Detector Check" call for example - I've just had it spawn in but it's 4am here. Would it be possible to get some calls to only spawn in at certain times. Thank you to the developer for all your hard work and the moderators too.

Cheers very much,
    Cameron.

The game generates calls randomly and doesn’t take into account the time of day. Because there are players from all over the world we couldn’t just make calls spawn at daylight hours on EST for example. Currently the game has no way of knowing what time zone you are in.

I would like to see this happen but how would it work for people in different time zones because im guessing it runs off UTC as a general time?

Yes the game runs of UTC+00 for most things apart from the chat.

Potentially figure a way to sync with the time reported by the device?

Also - some locations definitely need fixing! I just got a field fire in the middle of a road...

[Blocked Image: https://cmcgregor.xyz/mjgui.png]

As I said above currently there is no way for the game to register what time zone the user is in. Also the game generates calls on roads, this means that all calls will spawn on some kind of path from open street maps. Unless we were to add a field poi which could mean the player would have to place down lots of poi’s for a realistic game it would be impossible for the game to know what is a field and what is not.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!