vehicle shop and garage

• Hello I just had an idea what about having a vehicle shop that can fix the units on the miles down to 0...having a garage up to 50 spaces that way you don't have to delete the vehicle... Vehicle shop be 200k along with 10k for the open spaces for 50 :thumbsup:

It might seem funny, but I rather like knowing how many miles my vehicles have done in total, however the principle that you've come up with of having a vehicle garage on it's own seems like a nice idea, if there was only going to be one idea of how it would best work.

I'll lay out my idea here:
    A vehicle would have to have a service every 10K miles, if it wasn't it could go status 6 whenever it likes.
    A service would be a vehicle out of action for 1 day, price of 1K credits, using the above idea it would use up a slot that would be available in a garage that one would have built. Let's put a garage at 50K cost with a starting 2 slots and going up wards from there in 10k Increments. This would allow for one not to have to use a garage for a while but would be an added challenge for those of us with greater setups.

• Interesting idea DeputyMedic20, I had the thought of vehicles requiring maintenance every so often (like a timed event) the other day, I imagine some agencies around the world have a workshop to store vehicles and make any repairs or upgrades, as an example we have a huge workshop in NSW owned by Fire + Rescue located right next to the State Headquarters. Additionally, we have mobile mechanics going around the place to service the vehicles regularly IRL.

On the other hand, I feel like some agencies would use independent mechanics for maintenance since it may not be feasible to have their own, I'm not entirely sure so it would be cool if some people gave their thoughts on this. An idea around this could be that if you don't have your own workshop, you can still have your vehicles serviced by an "independent company", but takes longer than if you had your own. Furthermore, you would need to buy addition spaces to service more vehicles.

Also, if you were to have a garage for storage you would need to pay for additional spaces, I think a maintenance workshop would be realistic (at least in my case), since the game is mostly about vehicles and buildings so I think it's a fair suggestion, it adds another layer of realism and challenge to the game.

It might seem funny, but I rather like knowing how many miles my vehicles have done in total, however the principle that you've come up with of having a vehicle garage on it's own seems like a nice idea, if there was only going to be one idea of how it would best work.
    I'll lay out my idea here:
    A vehicle would have to have a service every 10K miles, if it wasn't it could go status 6 whenever it likes.
    A service would be a vehicle out of action for 1 day, price of 1K credits, using the above idea it would use up a slot that would be available in a garage that one would have built. Let's put a garage at 50K cost with a starting 2 slots and going up wards from there in 10k Increments. This would allow for one not to have to use a garage for a while but would be an added challenge for those of us with greater setups.

I like this approach, and agree that we should still see how far each vehicle has traveled.

• It may all be fun at the beginning, but at some point you have several thousands of vehicles and are only busy with the repair - I am against it :thumbdown:

• It may all be fun at the beginning, but at some point you have several thousands of vehicles and are only busy with the repair - I am against it :thumbdown:

So, I see you don't like the idea of managing, maybe some auto option that could be used to take vehicles out of service for their day of repair at a preset of miles before the 10 thousand?

The other issue with my suggestion is that people will have their response groups rather ruined now and again, now while I agree it may be a little too much for some players what this would do is add an extra level of challenge that large stups often lack.

All my suggestion is meant to do is throw a spanner in the works of larger setups so we can enjoy a challenge now and again.

• I don't know about many other services but my state fire service have a lot of spare (older) appliances in storage for when dedicated station vehicles are out of service.

For that I generally just use another another fire station, although I'd like to see something along those lines. Although, It wouldn't make much sense from a gameplay point of view, as you wouldn't be able to have personnel set aside for them, unless you allowed the building to have said personnel, which then it sort of becomes a fire station.

Maybe a suggestion for this would to have an option as to whether a building allows calls to spawn around it or not. This would probably be the easiest way to replicate this.

• So that they can be moved or swapped with other vehicles like it'll. For instance, I would have a spare space at each station where an appliance can be moved to cover the station and other incidents in one area if they need more units

While it is a possibility I'm not sure most players would be spending upto 100K credits in an extra spaces that wouldn't be used all of the time.
    I think this deserves another poll, alongside but also seperate to the vehicle maintenance option above.

• Somewhere to store any spare units you have instead of deleting them?

Cheap storage places.

So basically, they're stations where you can store units and each level costs say 40k, each level unlocks a new vehicle space. Vehicles in the station are always code 6, unless swapped or shifted to another station.

• Somewhere to store any spare units you have instead of deleting them?

Cheap storage places.

So basically, they're stations where you can store units and each level costs say 40k, each level unlocks a new vehicle space. Vehicles in the station are always code 6, unless swapped or shifted to another station.

In most cases, I've deleted them if they've needed replacing. If you're going to be spending 40k on a storage space, it wouldn't add up when you can just replace a vehicle for a maximum of 25k.
    When vehicles cost so little there's really no point in trying to retain them, what is pricy is the buildings and their spaces(I'm not having a go, just stating a fact).
    What I think would be more beneficial would be having a storage place that could be used by all alliance members and allow for sharing/transfer of vehicles between alliance members. Features such as that would be more interesting and useful although implementable is another thing.

• I like you're idea at the end of a shared space. Could be fun and would work well. Rank in alliance to distribute vehicle ownership and then remove it? Idk

TBH, it was just a random idea that popped into my head regarding making them a lot more multi purpose. Although it definitely would be nice.
    So, you'd have an alliance vehicle depot that would have space for 2 alliance vehicles, spaces would be as you said 40K and upwards.
    And members could donate, take out vehicles

There are still some glaring issues however:
    - Pricing, it has to be perfectly relative.(Bearing in mind these will be operational vehicles)
    - How the staffing will work for the vehicles
    - Who has the control over the vehicles and how much control
    - How the vehicles are deployed, with their staff

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!