• I'm not entirely sure what is entailed in bringing the real-world mapping into the game, but I was wondering whether it would be possible to implement Google Maps into the game - and the reason that I ask is that if it were possible, perhaps all of the places which are listed on google maps could somehow be converted into POI's which the game could then use?

• Open Street Map itself provides a set of POI therefore no need to switch back to Google Maps.

Sebastian switches from Google Maps to OSM after the game grew to big for a free usage of Maps. Maps is stupidly expensive.

How to deal with POI not provided by OSM? I don't think a category "trash bin" exists.

• As the above says. Google maps costs too much money to implement in to this game with it being free to play. The reason you see google maps on the Android app is the same reason you see Apple maps on the IPhone, when developing an app for that OS you get free access to google maps or apple maps respectively.

The game runs off OSM even when using one of these maps so routes etc will be calculated via OSM. You may find your vehicles not taking a route on a new road etc. This is because in order to update the pathfinding feature you have to pay quite a lot of money for it so at this stage it wouldn’t be possible.

The POI feature may be possible but it would not be a quick update to do as all the POI’s would have to be reconfigured so that they correlate with the POI’s found in OSM so in the near future no but possibly later on down the line.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!