Mission Progressions?

• I've been doing some thinking about the flow of the game lately. I've come up with the following idea:

What if instead of having calls come in as "drug lab fire" "room fire" "bin fire" etc, we had a progression. Something like "reported fire" (variations could be "reported structure fire", "reported outside fire", "reported vehicle fire") would start it off. The way things tend to flow in the real world, arriving units will see smoke from some way off or they'll arrive on scene with visible fire or they'll make entry and find fire-- then they'll call for a working fire response. The thing that pushed me to post this was the drug lab fire call. The way I interpret "drug lab" I think of an illegal meth lab (maybe it's supposed to be a pharmaceutical manufacturer fire? If so, let me know) and I don't think it's realistic for the reporting party to call it in as such, so I don't think it's realistic for us to know that we need to dispatch a HAZMAT response right off the bat. Just some thoughts.

• This mechanic already exists in the game is the "Unknown Fire" call, which can expand into any multitude of call.

However, the mission expansion is not used by all players, and would not be something that can be implemented on a full-scale, as then players who have disabled call expansions would only get initial missions.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!