Possibility of Patient Refusal

• Hi, I couldn't find anything where this had been suggested before but I think it would be a more realistic option if there was a probability that on minor medical such as the fallen person or nosebleed the patient refuses transport. Such as if a fire engine or fly-car can partially treat a patient, maybe a 30% chance that the patient will not need an actual ambulance.

• Hi, I couldn't find anything where this had been suggested before but I think it would be a more realistic option if there was a probability that on minor medical such as the fallen person or nosebleed the patient refuses transport. Such as if a fire engine or fly-car can partially treat a patient, maybe a 30% chance that the patient will not need an actual ambulance.

Happens quite a lot, so it would be cool to see that kind of thing in game as well. Would be good to avoid having to spend maybe an hour to transport a nosebleed patient to a hospital, because one is full and you need to go further away.

Sincerely,
    Chief A
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Norwegian Emergency Services - Norway's largest MissionChief Alliance
    Co-Admin

• Suggestions about Fly car attended jobs requiring an ambulance to release patients has been brought up before, i think the problem is the game sees the patient health bar and when it get to 0 it the decides to either release or say that the patient has to go to hospital. That is where the problem is because the fly car can only treat up to a maximum of 70% and other vehicles 50% so the game would have to be changed so that when the bar gets to the 70% treated mark it then decides whether to transport or not.

• are you sure its not 50% for the fly-car, because my fire engines get patients to 70%?

Anyway depending on the coding language the game is written in (im guessing php or java since it is mostly browser based) could add a simple line of code to query the patients percentage bar and if it is 50% or less assign a random variable of 0 or 1. If variable is 0 then will need further treatment with ambulance and then like normal when reaches 0% goes to the normal possible transport script. But if the random variable comes back to 1, it can set the patient to 0% and automatically set no transport.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!