Rescue Pumps vs Water Ladders

• Evening all,

I'm trying to play as realistic as I can for my area (Humberside) but I'm overthinking the situation I have with pumps at the moment. There are two series of callsigns used for the area:

P1 & P2 which is a Pump/water ladder - dedicated cutting & spreading rescue equipment

and

P4 & P5 which is a Pump water/tender - combi tool cutting & spreading rescue equipment

Trying to determine how I can implement this as the only significant differences that I know of is one has a 13.5m ladder, the other a 9m (and the combined / dedicated rescue eq).

Just wondered if anyone incorporates WrL and WrT into their setups and how, or do you just use water ladders? I was thinking of setting my Water Ladders as Rescue Pumps instead but these are mainly in my wholetime stations which are usually quite close to a Rescue Support Unit so I feel like that'd be a bit irrelevant, unless I opt to make my water tenders rescue pumps (which are mostly rural retained stations). :/

• The naming changes as you move between counties and, I don't think really means that much. Is a wholetime pump ladder in London less capable than a retained rescue Pump across the border in Essex? Is there a difference between an Extended Rescue Pump in Sussex and a Enhanced Rescue Tender in Suffolk?

In terms of playing, I'd like to play realistic but I've settled for Rescue Pumps for whole time appliances and Water Tender for retained.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!