Field Fires falling under the wrong mission type

• I believe that this is probably a mistake, as Little Field Fire, Medium Field Fire, and Major Field Fire are Fire Fighting Missions, while Large Field Fire is a Wildfire Mission. They should all at least be both, however, I think they would fit better into Australia if they had their name changed to something like "Small/Medium/Large/Major Grass Fire", and were all moved to be under Wildfire Missions.

• I believe that this is probably a mistake, as Little Field Fire, Medium Field Fire, and Major Field Fire are Fire Fighting Missions, while Large Field Fire is a Wildfire Mission. They should all at least be both, however, I think they would fit better into Australia if they had their name changed to something like "Small/Medium/Large/Major Grass Fire", and were all moved to be under Wildfire Missions.

From what I know and in Florida, most departments will handle the first 3 that you have without the involvement of Florida Forest Service unless there is a need for a dozer. On larger fires Forestry is almost always involved. I have noticed what you are pointing out but not commented until now.. Perhaps eliminate "major field fire" will be the quick fix? But again, this is a great example of how the terminology and incident typing is different from jurisdiction to jurisdiction and so is the response. For the developers to modify that to meet every difference there is, would be an insurmountable task.

• From what I know and in Florida, most departments will handle the first 3 that you have without the involvement of Florida Forest Service unless there is a need for a dozer. On larger fires Forestry is almost always involved. I have noticed what you are pointing out but not commented until now.. Perhaps eliminate "major field fire" will be the quick fix? But again, this is a great example of how the terminology and incident typing is different from jurisdiction to jurisdiction and so is the response. For the developers to modify that to meet every difference there is, would be an insurmountable task.

The problem is that this type of mission generally spawns in an area that, in AU, is covered by volunteer rural fire services. There are some areas, mainly in NSW (plus some in SA), that do have permanent/retained fire fighters in these areas, but most of those stations will have rural trucks. If it is changed to Wildfire missions, it will stop Field/Grass fires spawning in areas that most definitely would not have them IRL, like in the middle of a city, for people who have realistic station builds. For people who build stations with all extensions, obviously it will not stop these missions spawning, but they aren't worried about that. It surely wouldn't be that hard to change the mission type for 3 missions

• In South Australia, in the Adelaide Metropolitan region, the local MFS (Metropolitan paid crews) and the nearest CFS are automatically dispatched, as the areas where the fire is going to be, the MFS won't be able to access in their vehicles. If it's near/in National Parks managed land, NPWSSA is alerted, and we'll often send down crews to do mop up and patrol. But MFS would not be able to actively attack a fire in most of these areas easily, they would have to wait until it comes out to them. In the MFS' regional areas (all other parts of the state) most of their stations have at least 1 rural appliance, so would be able to attack the fire without waiting, but would still need CFS, as the MFS doesn't have the numbers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!