Posts by Pappy

As an Advocate for the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation (NFFF) - [http://www.firehero.org] I do not feel that we should make a game out of killing or injuring firefighters. On the average, 100+ Firefighters die each year from LODD incidents and cancer. I have been to way too many Firefighter LODD funerals and have personal friends on that wall at the National Fire Academy. To have a mission in a game that gives you points for having an injured firefighter or worse is not something that should be happening. :(

Fair enough, but it is just a game. Almost every event in the game deals with injury or loss of property. Not trying to change your mind though. One could view it as saving a firefighter

OK! So Stop the mission after the patient has been transfered to hospital then!!! There is no need for frurther units to attend as there is no longer anybody to RESCUE! Currently the missions continue until ALL REQUIRED UNITS are in attendance! what I'm saying is either End the mission when the patient is transfered or wait until ALL required units are on site before treating Patient!

Sure, fair comment.

In real life if someone is stuck on a high voltage mast or stuck in a tree that could trigger a response from a technical rescue team which is most likely not the first in units, probably coming from farther away. It’s not out of the realm of possibilities that the first arriving units, especially if one is a ladder could get the person down and they could be loaded up and transported before the arrival of the technical rescue team

I think it’s very unrealistic for a tanker/tender to respond to a highrise fire. Most depts that have high rises do not have tankers anywhere near the highrise district.

In the game I have adapted by making the “High rise unit” a Tanker

I still think something that would help with this is the ability to turn off individual POI. Right now it helps to have the setting that you can use other people POI instead of having to create them all yourself, but when someone has one that is totally wrong you should be able to turn that one off. I get ship fires in the middle of my city. And runway events nowhere near an airport.

So with that said, are you saying those equipment items should be running on pickup trucks and only for natural disasters, not first out units? I have all of my quints equipped with the rescue equipment currently and was looking to add the light and generator to them.

I’m not saying you SHOULD do anything. You run your game however you want! All I am saying is the way I see it this equipment is more like on a utility for a disaster response. That’s how I view it in real life. If you view it different that’s totally fine. Part of the beauty of this game is I’ll play my game you play your game and we can both be right!!

I play in Los Angeles County. Alot of the quints carry the flood, light and generator equipment. I'd like for that to be added to the list of vehicles the flood, light and generator equipment can be added to!

I don’t see this as the point of the equipment expansions. You are correct that many quints carry scene lights and have onboard generators etc. However I think the point of the equipment expansions is more for in the sense of a natural disaster, a generator trailer or one transported in a vehicle to stay in a location for a major disaster, that is now what the onboard generator on fire apparatus is used for.

I know it would be nice if the units you already have could carry more equipment but I don’t think that is what the expansions are for realism wise. Just my 2 cents

Hey everyone, sorry if there is already a thread like this.

I am slowly making all my ladder companies carry heavy rescue equipment, mostly because in real life they have extrication equipment. Currently I use Utility units for some of the ladder company second pieces or as collapse rescue units. My understanding is that a utility unit is basically the same as a heavy Rescue (feel free to explain the difference if there is one) so my question is, is there any reason or advantage to put heavy Rescue equipment on a utility unit?

Try using the own vehicle catergory tabs, for example I have Safety Officers, I renamed their catergory to LAC SO and I can add them to a mission in the ARR tab via their own catergory

I do, do that but where it gets hard is the special units that are transported by other units. The collapse rescues are either transported by a rescue or ladder company. Now some will say just make a custom group, but that doesn't always work when the Rescue is returning from another mission and gets picked up for the new mission but the Collapse rescue is still back at quarters. Such is the same for HMTU, SSL, CPC, Squad Second Pieces, Satellite units, foam units. I made it work but it is not as easy as just making an AAR or a group or click click, there is still some searching for the right unit that happens

Yes I have done it for FDNY. Doesn’t work 100% with all the special units but it’s better then searching for every unit

Yes I know that but a vehicle in a 4 platoon dept should have 4 drivers and 4 officers. There is no way to have enough people assigned to the vehicle to have all 4 shifts (for realism) but only have one driver and one officer. It could fill it with 4 drivers. Or 4 officers or none at all. It’s random who gets chosen.

I am not buying 4 of every type of unit for every one unit so I can have shifts. I make do just letting it be the way it is. I am just saying it would be nice if there was a way to assign staff to a shift. Would also be nice if you could assign company officers or apparatus drivers.

Came here to ask the same thing, I also sent them a message in the game with no reply. Perhaps they are not playing anymore, its too bad they had great graphics

I just purchased the storage and the equipment for a Ladder company on my set up. Is there any way that this can be changed that it can be placed on the unit permanently? I have over 100 ladder companies that I want to eventually add this to for realism, but to have to add the equipment for every call is very counter-productive.