Posts by EMS-Chief

Good Afternoon,

In line with the recent update to have Priority vs Non-Priority responses to calls, I would like to propose an improvement.

The ability to redirect a vehicle en route to a non-priority call to a priority incident, while automatically placing the call it was previously on (non-priority call) as a follow-up.

For example,

You dispatch Fire P101 to a "Smoke Investigation" as non-priority.

New call comes in "Dangerous Goods Truck Accident", you would redirect Fire P101 to the call, automatically playing the "Smoke Investigation" as a follow-up.

My suggestion would be that when you have "Priority" selected, the vehicle responding to a non-priority call would be available to be selected. When dispatched to the priority incident, the vehicle would then automatically change the prior (non-priority) incident as a follow-up and immediately proceed to the incident where they have been dispatched as a priority.

In my example above, Fire P101 would show in the available units but would have (Non-priority: Smoke Investigation) beside it to let you know, it is currently en route to a non-priority call.

When you select it and dispatch it as a priority, it will switch the non-priority call as a follow-up.

If you select "Non-Priority" as the response to the call, all vehicles engaged in a non-priority call would not show up in this manner and would display as it does today.

Thank you,

I wouldn't want to see all staff highlighted in chat, maybe a small icon before or after their username. I think leaving highlighting to co-admins and admins is reasonable.

Larger alliances with more staff will see a cluttered chat imo.

Make sure you are clicking on the pumpkin. When you do so you'll get an acknowledgment that you've collected it.

Click on the little pumpkin:

You should see this green message, note how the pumpkin also disappears:

Cheers,

Are you able to purchase a Mass Casualty Trailer? When an expansion completes for Mass Casualty, it gives you some bays, but requires that you purchase the trailer first.

Or have them respond as both like the join response unit o mcuk

I'd be good with having them respond to both, but they need to fix the Premium Feature for EMS Auto-Standdown, which causes vehicles to leave when no patients are remaining even if they are there for another purpose.

I am wondering do you just have one dispatch center for stations spread over a hundred miles or do you break it down by say counties or real fire districts? I am covering about 300 by 200 miles or 29 counties and I put a dispatch center in each county. But I am starting to wonder if I should just put them under 1 centrally located dispatch center.

I have a large setup in Southern Ontario, Canada, with about 300 Fire, 130 Ambulance, 40 Police and another 10 Fedpol based on realistic locations.

I run from 1 dispatch centre,

If I expand beyond the provincial border, I may consider adding a second dispatch centre.

I've seen this occur for a couple of reasons.

The first is I've had my corporate firewall block the map from showing up, as a result (except for units that take direct routes like air or marine), it would just show mileage to scene and no time.

The second, is I believe this can occur when server lag is detected and mitigation restraints are put in place. Like when the missions will spawn with no address. It eliminates some "nice to have" processes to ensure that the essential process still run. I would suspect (but I'm only guessing here), that the elimination of the calculation process may be one of those.

Cheers,

Is that classed as the police academy? Thanks for the reply.

There are 3 different types of schools, a Police Academy, a Fire Academy and a Rescue (EMS) Academy

Fire Courses Available (Fire Academy):

HazMat (3 days)

Mobile command (5 days)

ARFF-Training (3 days)

Swift water rescue (4 days)

Ocean Navigation (5 days)

Airborne firefighting (5 days)

Heavy Machinery Operating (3 days)

Truck Driver's License (2 days)

ALS Medical Training for Fire Apparatus (3 days)

Tactical Medic Training (4 days)

EMS Mobile Command (7 days)

Police Courses Available (Police Academy):

Police Aviation (7 days)

SWAT (5 days)

K-9 (5 days)

Police Motorcycle (3 days)

FBI Mobile Center Commander (7 days)

FBI Bomb Technician (5 days)

FBI Drone Operator (5 days)

Sheriff (5 days)

Environmental Game Warden (4 days)

Ocean Navigation (5 days)

EMS (Rescue) Courses Available (Rescue (EMS) Academy):
    ALS Medical Training for Fire Apparatus (3 days)

Tactical Medic Training (4 days)

Hazmat Medic Training (3 days)

Truck Driver's License (2 days)

Yes you are. Whilst technically still against the rules, providing the accounts are not used to cheat or boost the other then the devs will turn a blind eye to it. Obviously it is still against the rules so this stance could change at any time.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't that be bypassing the escalating building cost?

2 accounts with 50 buildings would pay much less for the buildings than 1 account with 50, which would be boosting the ability to build more quickly?

So there is one station where it is allowing you to purchase the expansion units without the expansion?

I personally just add the extension to fire stations. Like someone else stated. 1 als ambulance in each ambo garage no thanks.

I built my ambulance garages around the state and house mass Cass unit and EMS chief at them I only have ems in Minnesota, and only run also ambos.

I think it's a matter of preference, however I've found that it is cheaper and more time-effective to just build a small ambo station (even for 1 ambo)

A small ambulance station is 100k and you get 3 staff and 1 free ambulance, and it is available for use immediately.

Total Investment: 100k

(a second expansion at 10k, and third expansion at 50k)

The expansion method requires

* 100k to expand from Small FD to Large FD (assuming you haven't reached 25 stations) + 1 day wait time

* 100k for the ambulance expansion + 7 day wait time

+ 100k for the additional vehicle bay

+ 15k for the ambulance

+ recruitment time (can be completed concurrently with the expansions but can be missed)

(Additional expansion are usually at 100k)

Total Investment: 315k + 8 days waiting time

Personally, if the ambulance station is co-located with a fire station, I'll just place the ambulance station on top (or directly beside) the fire station, as it serves the same purpose.

Cheers,

I wish this for the pumper-tanker as well. It still gets dispatched as an engine in the ARR, but it isn't in the tab. I can kind of see why the Type 3 isn't as it requires the Wildland expansion.

With LSSM you can set whatever you want in whichever tab (or create your own tab)

For example, I have put both the T3 Engine and the Pumper-Tanker in the "Firetruck" tab

See below.

Cheers,