Posts by FlyingTrumpetGuy

Mission Name: Manhunt

Credits: 5000

Time to complete: 20 minutes

POI: None

Units Required: 15 patrol cars, 2 K9 units, 1 police helicopter, 20 SWAT personnel

Max Patients: 2

Min Patients: 0

Patient Category: Trauma

Transport Probability: 50%

Prisoners: 2

Expandable Missions: Officer down, armed vehicle pursuit, fleeing suspect, barricaded subject (none of these would replace the mission but instead would be caused by it)

------

Mission Name: Barricaded subject

Credits: 3000

Time to complete: 15 minutes

Units Required: 5 patrol cars, 1 K9 unit, 12 SWAT personnel, 1 police helicopter

Max Patients: 2

Transport Probably: 50%

Prisoners: 1

Expandable Missions: Officer down, fleeing subject, armed vehicle pursuit

------

Mission Name: Subject in woods

Credits: 3000

Time to complete: 15 minutes

POI: Forest

Units Required: 15 patrol cars, 2 K9 units, 16 SWAT personnel, 1 police helicopter

Max Patients: 1

Transport Probably: 50%

Prisoners: 1

Expandable Missions: none

Never thought of it. But I do not even like the Fire Truck Crash as it makes a game out of firefighter accidents and injuries and since we kill over 100 a year in line of duty and hundreds of thousands of injuries.. it is not a game.. That is just my opinion...

Why is that mission different from any others? Almost all the missions in this game involve some sort of accident, injury, or other event that would be traumatic for the victims. Why should we ignore something that can happen and does happen- just like every other mission in the game?

Mission Name: Large Animal Rescue

Credits: 2000

Time to complete: 10 minutes

Units Required: 1 engine, 1 truck, 1 heavy rescue

Max Patients: 0

Patient Category: n/a

Transport Probably: n/a

Prisoners:0

Expandable Missions: none

———

Mission Name: Construction Accident

Credits: 1500

Time to complete: 5 minutes

Units Required: 1 engine, 1 truck (40% chance of requiring)

Max Patients: 4

Min Patients: 1

Transport Probably: 85%

Prisoners:0

Expandable Missions: partial building collapse

We really need an easy way to backfill stations. Sure, some people wouldn't use it, but personally I think it would really be helpful. Massive calls can deplete resources in a large area very quickly and response times skyrocket. Building staging areas at each location can take a long time and is less user-friendly than a self-contained backfill menu would be. I think what would work really well would be a way to tell the backfilling unit to stay at the station it's sent to until the unit normally based there returns to service at that station. This could even be implemented on a larger scale within alliances to simulate mutual-aid backfills instead of being limited to drawing from your own jurisdiction's resources. Just my 2 cents.

Rehab has been brought up several times, if added I would like to see it be a mission time modifier rather than a required unit as not every department has dedicated rehab units.

That would be great. I would also be ok with DECON being implemented that way, but I don’t think that DECON should be a required unit in the way that heavy rescue and HAZMAT are.

I would like to suggest two new units that related to Health and Safety.

#1 Quartermaster/Decon Unit - This unit is now becoming a normal thing in florida and other states as we address the Cancer Issue. It is the size of a Heavy Rescue unit in most cases and carries spare Protective Clothing as well as areas for decontamination of SCBA, Facepieces and other personnel while on scene.

#2 Rehab unit - A large unit that is similar to the DECON unit except it is for rehabbing of personnel

Personally I think that the DECON unit/quartermaster is less necessary since it’s not such a big thing up here in Maryland, and I can see the one DECON unit in the county being requested on multiple calls. I think a rehab would be great though.

This is a stupid question, but here we go. Does sending additional units (utilities for fire calls, flycars for EMS) on a call increase the speed at which the mission is completed?

Ideally both, I think.

I’d love to get fire police/traffic control added to the game, the fire department I’m modeling now doesn’t have any but the next region I’ll be working on has tons. Would love to see this happen.

Keep in mind that airport officials would also be responding to the fire. There’s not really a point to creating such a niche unit, so the chiefs fill that role. Airport operations are insanely complex and fitting an emergency response into that environment is challenging to do safely. Keep in mind that during many (not all, but plenty) emergencies at large airports, aircraft continue to take off and land on other runways. 6 chiefs definitely seems like a lot, no doubt, but I did some quick research and my local airport, Baltimore-Washington International Airport, has 6 chief or chief-equivalent units.

Another idea- maybe we could get radio chatter to create some ambience, both dispatch tones and unit responses. For instance:

“Engine 4, Truck 13, Deputy Chief 2, respond to a smoke investigation at 123 Main Street.”

“Engine 4 responding.”

Like that. I think it would work particularly well if the unit names could be read out as the whole number if they were 1 or 2 digits, and as separate digits if they were more than 2. For instance “engine forty-one” vs “squad three-fifty-four”.

Please fix the Mass Casualty Unit bug. I have all the required things for it. but I still cannot purchase one. It's getting to be quite a pain.

Also, please make it so that wildland units can be used for grass/field/brush pile/bale of straw fires.

Mission Name: Confined Space Rescue [Mission Added - ID: 768]

-----

Mission Name: Lift Assist

Amount of Credits: 250

Expansion required (if applicable): n/a

Time to complete: (in minutes) 3.5min

POI: (If needed) n/a

Required Units: 1x heavy rescue OR 1x fire engine OR 1x aerial truck

Minimum Patients: 0

Patient Category: (General Internal- Cardiac Surgery) Trauma

Transport Probably: 80%

Prisoners: (Max-Min, If applicable) n/a

Upgradable Missions (if applicable): n/a

-----

Mission Name: Ladder Request

Amount of Credits: 500

Time to complete: (in minutes) 5min

Required Units: 1x aerial truck

Minimum Patients: n/a

Patient Category: (General Internal- Cardiac Surgery) n/a

Prisoners: (Max-Min, If applicable) 0-2

Upgradable Missions (if applicable): Fleeing Suspect

-----

Mission Name: Wires Arcing

Time to complete: (in minutes) 2min

Required Units: 1x heavy rescue, 1x fire engine OR 1x aerial truck

Minimum Patients: 0

Patient Category: (General Internal- Cardiac Surgery) Trauma

Transport Probably: 100%

-----

Mission Name: Fire Drill [Missions Added into Game - IDs: 819 & 820 - Institution Fire Drill/Industrial Fire Drill]

-----

Mission Name: Commercial Lockout

Amount of Credits: 750

Time to complete: (in minutes) 5min

-----

Mission Name: Residential Lockout

Amount of Credits: 500

Time to complete: (in minutes) 3.5min

-----

Mission Name: Sheared Hydrant

Time to complete: (in minutes) 2min

-----

Mission Name: Landing Zone Prep

Amount of Credits: 750

Time to complete: (in minutes) 7.5min

POI: (If needed) Field, park, playground

Required Units: 2x patrol cars, 2x engine OR platform

Upgradable Missions (if applicable): Light aircraft crash, aircraft leaking fuel, light aircraft crash in water, aircraft emergency landing on roadway

Hey there! I'm wondering if there's a way to have a TTS voice read out dispatches and vehicle radio traffic. I haven't seen this yet after a google search and checking the LSSM app store. I think this would greatly enhance the experience and if it's not already a thing, I think it would be a great thing to have.

Here’s my partial setup: Baltimore County, Maryland, set up with all real station locations and apparatus. Still a work in progress but it’s come quite a long way. I started in the southwest and I’m expanding north and east, with most of the coverage to the North complete. Just have to flesh out a few spots and then it’s game on to cover the eastern region, which is by far the most dense as far as fire stations go. Once I finish this I’m planning on covering Baltimore City and Howard County as well.