Posts by FlyingTrumpetGuy

Can we get a way to assign towing units? I have a station that handles swiftwater rescue with a designated utility unit (Swift Water Team 35) but the general utility unit (Utility 357) typically winds up towing the boat. The station does have 2 boats and in reality I think U357 does wind up towing one of them from time to time, but I’d like to assign SWT35 to tow the first due boat.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't find the 1 per day to be detracting from realistic growth. Sure it takes some time to setup new areas/stations but if you plan ahead, not a problem.

After all, hiring takes time and stations are planned years ahead of time!

Fall was definitely a harder one to choose - I based the Wildfire Outbreak option based on the # of acres burned in the West by month but as we all know, it is becoming wildfire season year round out West with the current drought.

I'd love to hear more ideas if anyone has any on seasonal options as my ideas certainly aren't the end all, be all.

That makes sense! After a little research the tornado outbreak isn't TOO unrealistic for spring.

I feel like the ambulance accident call has a disproportionate number of patients. Essentially ambulances only guarantee two to three occupants at a time (if they are in service/have a patient). I do agree that there is a high chance of injury for anyone in the patient compartment area and at the minimum, the patient in the rear of the ambulance will need to have transport continued by another unit, however, I find that most of my ambulance accidental calls if not have the max 6 at all times.

I would recommend reducing the patients to a minimum of 1, max of six still, and a 100% chance of transport for at least one patient. I would also like to recommend the addition of battalion chief and EMS Chief responses (if someone has them, not to require the generation of the call for lower-level players).

While this may not necessarily be a Mass-Casualty response this is a high-profile event that would spike the interest of supervision and for an ambulance to be involved the EMS Chief is likely going to need to be involved in a reporting process, etc.

Love the suggestion to add an EMS chief, supervisors would absolutely be called out! I do think that having more patients than would be in the ambulance isn't too crazy, considering that there's likely another vehicle involved. I would love to see the same mission type added to other units i.e. fire truck accident and police car accident.

I like the idea, but I think that the tornado outbreak might be more appropriate for summer, as would the wildfire outbreak. I think a better way to go about this would be to have a few different options per season- some of them would overlap as the wildfire season, for instance, takes place during both the summer and fall. Here's my set of suggestions:

Winter:

• Blizzard
    • Ice Storm

Spring:

• Thunderstorm/Tornado Outbreak
    • Regional Flooding

Summer:

• Wildfire Outbreak
    • Heat Wave
    • Thunderstorm/Tornado Outbreak

Fall:

• Wildfire Outbreak
    • Cold Snap

That's all just an idea and I'd love to have this suggestion happen even in its original form, but I felt like there's some room to expand on the concept.

You are allowed to buy Quints. But you never get a mission (or at least I have not) that requires a "Quint" All fire missions I have run required a "Platform". Also noticed that the icons available for Truck companies are not accurate. There is no provision for a tiller driven apparatus but they come up under platforms and quints. Also there are a lot of graphics for ladder trucks that are straight sticks...

Not complaining....just an observation..

I think "platform" trucks should be renamed as "ladders", "aerials", or "trucks" because "platform" is a bit too specific.

Mission Name: Stalker

[Mission Added - ID 744]

-----

Mission Name: Lost Hiker

Amount of Credits: 1000

Expansion required: Wildland fire, game warden

Time to complete: 10

POI: Forest

Required Units: 2 patrol cars, 1 K9, 1 wildland engine, 1 game warden

Max Patients: 1

Minimum Patients: N/A

Patient Category: Trauma

Transport Probably: 30%

Prisoners: N/A

Upgradable Missions (if applicable): None

-----

Mission Name: Hunter Shot

Amount of Credits: 1000

Expansion required (if applicable): Wildland fire, game warden

Time to complete: 10

POI: Forest

Required Units: 2 patrol cars, 2 game wardens, 1 wildland fire engine

Max Patients: 2

Minimum Patients: 1

Patient Category: Trauma

Transport Probably: 75%

Prisoners: 0-1

Upgradable Missions: N/A

Hi, the ems extension 2as added before the new devs took over and also small stations so you would have to pay 200k for a EMS station and 100k for a extension so if you had less then 3 units then it would be cheaper for a extension :)

I see. I'm more frustrated with the comment saying that they don't want to allow gameplay resembling modern FDs with running ambos and fire/rescue rigs out of the same station. I just wish it was easier to do that- it gets very expensive with the number of stations I need to cover my region realistically. I'm not completely appraised of the situation with the devs and my comment above was probably a little much, so apologies for any offense I may have caused. I'm still very grateful to the devs and my comment is not at all reflective of that appreciation. They do great work, and my griping really should not have taken the form that it did.

These suggestions are all fantastic, I would love to see them implemented, but what I would love even more is the option to customize the water capacity on these rigs within a certain range, maybe with a slider bar?

Apparently the Devs do not intend on permitting game play that resembles many larger metropolitan departments where the FD operates the ambulances as well. Quite frustrating that they do not recognize how many departments utilize this configuration.

Unbelievable. I honestly can't understand this- it doesn't hurt them AT ALL, and it only makes for a happier user base. The vast and overwhelming majority of fire departments in the United States work this way. In an ideal situation, we'd be able to purchase EMS equipment without an expansion because of how common this configuration is, but regardless, the devs should be striving to provide at least this small piece of realism. I understand that some players may choose to configure their regions in a fictional manner, but it seems to me that the majority put painstaking effort into ensuring realism, myself included, and their refusal to offer easy-to-execute enhancements to make gameplay more realistic for those of us who strive to play in a realistic manner is concerning.

A lot of stations in the region I simulate run ATVs with both firefighting and medical equipment on board, and some run ATVs with just medical equipment on board. I think we should get a wildland medical unit that functions as a fly-car for off-road missions and a Type 6/7 wildland engine that can also function as a fly-car sort of like an EMS engine. I would really enjoy this and I think it would open up the opportunity to simulate search and rescue teams as well.

Name/Type of Mission: Marijuana Use in School

Units Required: 1 patrol car

POI Required (Use “none” if not needed): School

Patients: 0

Prisoners: 0-3

Credit Reward: 150

———

Name/Type of Mission: Drug Sales at School

Units Required: 3 patrol cars

POI Required (Use “none” if not needed): School

Prisoners: 1-5

Credit Reward: 500

Name/Type of Mission: Car in Water

Units Required: 2 firetruck, 2 patrol cars, 1 heavy rescue (90% chance of use), 1 light boat (25% chance of use)

POI Required (Use “none” if not needed): River or Lake

Patients: 1-4 (Traumatology)

Prisoners: 0

Credit Reward: 1500

Name/Type of Mission: Skydiving Accident

Units Required: 1 firetruck, 2 patrol cars (30% chance of use)

POI Required (Use “none” if not needed): None but devs could decide otherwise

Patients: 1-4 (Traumatology)

Prisoners: 0

Credit Reward: 500

———

Name/Type of Mission: Illegal Firearms Sale

Units Required: 3 patrol cars, 1 K9 (50% chance of use)

POI Required (Use “none” if not needed): None

Prisoners: 1-3

Credit Reward: 750

———

Name/Type of Mission: Unauthorized Person on Runway/Taxiway

Units Required: 3 patrol cars, 1 K9 (75% chance of use)

POI Required (Use “none” if not needed): Airport

Prisoners: 1

Credit Reward: 750

———

Name/Type of Mission: Hostages Taken

Units Required: 6 Patrol Cars, 1 Police Helicopter, 15 SWAT personnel, 1 mobile command, 1 firetruck

POI Required (Use “none” if not needed):

Patients: 0-10 (Traumatology)

Prisoners: 1-5

Credit Reward: 5000