ALS/BLS update information.

• I'm just asking if this would be even possible. Agencies that use the EMD also have it where say on Priority A if an Engine and Ambulance respond they both respond to the scene without lights and sirens. I can't remember the exact functions of the others but it eventually leads to all units required responding with lights and sirens. Is there a way that we could implement and select whether our units would use lights and sirens or no lights and sirens?

This is actually totally based on local protocol though the IAED does give recommendation of how they suggest it is done. For instance I'm a paramedic in two states who utilize the same EMD program. One agency for a BLS call the FD responds emergently as the closest unit and the ambulance responds normal travel (all of our ambulances are ALS) on Bravos and only the ambulance in Alphas normal travel. In the other state the system I work in has BLS Ambulances and ALS Fly Cars only. Every call no matter what is an ALS emergent response in that system so much so that PD cannot even request a BLS or ALS response it is always a full response.

• True, dutch version as the Prio 1 option and then the no lights and sirens (prio 2?) to respond to calls

I think you are talking about not being able to change speed for individual vehicles. Now that I think about it it's really weird that they can't do that since when you send any unit to planned missions (like the Concert) they respond slower and without lights or sirens

Surprisingly I wasn't, although I see where the idea came from, I've seen several posts on that topic, choosing the type of response(blue lights or not) which seemed to be put down with the usual, 'limitations of the game'. Although, as you say, It's a little weird.

• So I would like to try and keep this topic for information relating to the ALS and BLS system rather than vehicles responding on lights. However relating to that I have always been under the impression that it wasn’t possible but if the Dutch version does it then I can’t see why it wouldn’t work. It hasn’t been brought up to Sebastian in a while so I will add it to my notes.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!