Police Van

• Hi, I love using all departments in the game, but compare to fire department in police we don't have many different units. I would love to see for example police van. In my country, Czech republic we use it for bigger missions, as for example big car accident, shooting, protests, etc. They can have more police officers and more advanced equipment then normal patrol cars. If we have k-9 from 6th station, then police van could be from 4th station.

• Hi, I love using all departments in the game, but compare to fire department in police we don't have many different units. I would love to see for example police van. In my country, Czech republic we use it for bigger missions, as for example big car accident, shooting, protests, etc. They can have more police officers and more advanced equipment then normal patrol cars. If we have k-9 from 6th station, then police van could be from 4th station.

So there are two potential uses to the police van that have been addressed before. The bringing of more police officers to a scene is one aspect, the other being prisoner transport. Both are extremely useful for public order situations although in the current state of the game, I'm not so sure. I feel the issue is bigger than just adding the unit.

Missions will have to either generate more prisoners, with added capabilities to allow vans to transport more than one prisoner, and/or, requirements for police missions will have to go over to the number of police officers being the criteria for completion rather than the number of patrol cars.

I'm not sure on the current consensus for a police van however I'll start by setting a benchmark of a vehicle with a capacity for 8 police officers and 2 prisoners. We could quite easily implement other police vans alongside this which may be set up differently with a higher prisoner capacity and a lower officer capacity.

It's so easy just to dump in another unit in, however the use for said pieces of equipment has to be there.

• Continuing with me voicing my opinions throughout the Forum, I agree that having this would be a neat option. If I'm understanding everything correctly, the Police Van would be used like a MCU in regards to mass transports of prisoners. Only problem I see with this is that we don't have any missions that have prisioners on a mass scale; most I've seen out of a mission is 2, maybe 3. I can only think of assisting with staffing on scenes.

If anyone has any other ideas, I'm open to hear them.

T. Wise
    Commissioner of Emergency Operations
    South Central PA | MissionChief Alliance
    Serving South Central, PA and Delaware

• So currently planned (but not anywhere near being in the works yet) are two types of van for police. Transport van which will hold up to 4 prisoners and personnel carrier which will hold up to 8 officers and maybe 1 prisoner but we will see. Personnel carriers are planned for all 3 services.

• So currently planned (but not anywhere near being in the works yet) are two types of van for police. Transport van which will hold up to 4 prisoners and personnel carrier which will hold up to 8 officers and maybe 1 prisoner but we will see. Personnel carriers are planned for all 3 services.

I gotcha. Is there also talks of either putting out new missions that will give multiple prisoners, or upgrading possible prisoners in already existing missions?

T. Wise
    Commissioner of Emergency Operations
    South Central PA | MissionChief Alliance
    Serving South Central, PA and Delaware

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!