Casualty Deterioration

• Hello all,

As I've written a large explanation, here's the abstract of my suggestion:

-add option for players to allow casualties to "deteriorate" in missions

-deterioration would be slowed as more paramedics arrive

-some missions deteriorate faster than others

-make casualty missions have "expandable missions" like fire & police missions do

-casualties can become "deceased"

-fire and police missions can also have forms of deteriorating

Explanation

So this suggestion could be relevant to all servers, but I'm from the UK one, and my suggestion is to add a new feature where on casualty mission, the casualty will 'deteriorate' overtime while paramedics can't get to them. Obviously it would best be done as an option for a player to change, so an added option button saying 'allow casualty deterioration' or something of the sort, that way newer players are not pressured by a time limit to begin with.

I believe this sort of feature would add a lot more realism to the game, as one does not just leave a casualty in cardiac arrest overnight and expect them to still be there in the morning! To further the feature, deterioration could be slowed down as paramedics arrive (critical care and HEMS trained personnel could slow deterioration more than untrained personnel). This would really amplify the use of rapid response vehicles and community first responders (in the UK), as well as would potentially require multiple ambulances to turn up to 1 patient (which is how it can work in the UK). Certain incidents could have faster deterioration rates than other: so "nose bleed" although could warrant an ambulance for an old dear who often they will not stop bleeding through the nose, it would be a slow deterioration rate compared to "cardiac arrest".

So as the casualty actually deteriorates, the sort of thing I picture is an added bar, similar to the bar that falls down as the casualty is being treated. If the deterioration bar falls completely, it could escalate as such to a more serious medical mission, basically making medical missions having "expandable missions". Some examples could be "acute asthma", "chocking" or "anaphylaxis" when completed deteriorated leads to "respiratory arrest", "fallen person" when deteriorated leads to "hypothermia" (new mission there for you) "electrocution", "chest pains" or "seizure" leads to "cardiac arrest". The more serious calls such as "cardiac arrest" "respiratory arrest" "traumatic limb amputation" etc., if they deteriorate (which they would quicker) then the casualty would become "deceased".

You could even carry this sort of deterioration feature over to police and fire too. Where say "bulk rubbish fire" or similar missions expand into "garden shed fire", a deterioration bar could be added to these incidents to show how quickly the fire is 'spreading', or with police in how quickly a "noise complaint" mission is 'getting out of hand' into a "brawl".

Let me know all your thoughts! Please feel free to expand on this,

CS

• The detiroation rate could be linked to how much time it takes for the first unit to arrive unfortunately due to the way medical missions work there's no way to make a call need X amount of Medical staff or X amount of vehicles sadly

Agree with this, first person on scene is always crucial. I get where you're coming from with the amount of people required does not really work for paramedics, I guess the fact critical care, ambulance, HEMS, etc makes up for that. However with deterioration I would say each paramedics there, perhaps topping out at 4, would slow deterioration, therefore making a requirement of multiple paramedics to be present to an extent.

• Agree with this, first person on scene is always crucial. I get where you're coming from with the amount of people required does not really work for paramedics, I guess the fact critical care, ambulance, HEMS, etc makes up for that. However with deterioration I would say each paramedics there, perhaps topping out at 4, would slow deterioration, therefore making a requirement of multiple paramedics to be present to an extent.

Potentialally they could make it so it needs 4 hands on scene using the same thing as how it dose for hems or cc

• So, here is my thoughts on this idea;

Having this feature on will create to much chaos. In other games that have a patient stability level is where you are only dealing with 1 or 5 calls at a time. I have hundreds. There is no way I could possibly use this feature because patients will keep dying and I cannot play the game for 24 hours a day. It takes me at least two hours to get to the bottom of my list. We have talked about similar ideas like this on the forum and honestly, with how fast the devs work on projects (no offense), this would be a really daunting task. It would take a lot of time and resources just to give a small feature many players could never use. This is why I am opposed and why staff members don’t want to implement it.

The detiroation rate could be linked to how much time it takes for the first unit to arrive unfortunately due to the way medical missions work there's no way to make a call need X amount of Medical staff or X amount of vehicles sadly

Just to clarify, I’m not sure if it’s a feature on the UK version but some missions in MCUS have an “ambulance required.” So with a little bit of work, yes the devs could add a medical vehicle requirement or a medical personnel requirement as there is already a category near the top of your mission dispatch that shows you how many EMS personnel are on scene.

• Is a very good point. I'll confess I am still a beginner all things considered, therefore I don't get many missions. My thoughts were an option to enable/disable this feature would be the solution, but I certainly see where you are coming from, and while the realism for some players may go far, the rest would probably find it difficult to work with.

• Is a very good point. I'll confess I am still a beginner all things considered, therefore I don't get many missions. My thoughts were an option to enable/disable this feature would be the solution, but I certainly see where you are coming from, and while the realism for some players may go far, the rest would probably find it difficult to work with.

Yes like how CC is optional! But this feels like a later game thing as we want to get all this new content ranging form sort-swr

• I think this is a very good idea in general. WinWin To address that issue maybe patients will not deteriorate through time (before paramedics arrive), it would just be pure luck how stable they are when the paramedics arrive. However, once they do arrive, time will matter but not as sensitive, lets say you get a one hour time to send a second ambulance to assist the patients, once that paramedic arrives, the patient status will start changing again...

Wondering if unit coroner is suggested yet?

• I think this is a very good idea in general. WinWin To address that issue maybe patients will not deteriorate through time (before paramedics arrive), it would just be pure luck how stable they are when the paramedics arrive. However, once they do arrive, time will matter but not as sensitive, lets say you get a one hour time to send a second ambulance to assist the patients, once that paramedic arrives, the patient status will start changing again...

Wondering if unit coroner is suggested yet?

No death is a no go for the devs

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!