Graphic Pack only for alliance

• Hi, I would suggest that we get an option so that only those in an alliance can use a specific graphic pack.

My suggestion is the ability to link a graphic pack to an alliance or create a "Alliance Graphic Pack" that players can choose to use or not.
    This way only people who are in that alliance can use that specific graphic pack.

Alternatively: Give graphic pack creators the ability to "kick / ban" people from using the graphic pack.

The suggestion might be a little egotistical, so I understand if this is not wanted in general, however it has roots in someone from my alliance "stealing" members over to a new alliance because he didn't like the rules. :P Might be for the wrong reasons, but would be a nice feature! :P

• we all meet up once a week anyway so the good old thumb drive pass around happens
    Plus we need to maje a way that you can share more than just the standard amount of images because here in aus we have way more agencies that use similar equipment like we have at least 5 agencies use heavy rescues: police fire ambulance SES rural fire service

• Hi! Do you think it would help you to stop people in your alliance? or you just want to punish them that they left you? by now everyone can save your graphic and make it's own graphics pack who isn't public and you don't know about that. Some people does it public and doesn't ask you for permission - several times already it just happened to me. Some people ask( I'm very happy with this), but most do not. In your idea a some alliance can make a its "own" graphic pack with your graphics and you wouldn't have access to it so you wouldn't know about it - it won't change anything and even makes it more difficult. You want to stop people - make the rules more human. People want to play for their own fun - not only your.

• First of all, I did not expect so many responses. Thank you all!

Definitely an idea worth considering. In the meantime, you could distribute the images on your alliance Board and allow people to use them to create their own.

Yes I was thinking about doing this, or not making it public and just making it public when someone new joins so they can get it.

You don't have to upload every graphic pack you make so you can just have a bunch of images in a file and email it or pass it around online. That way it remains private only to those people you give it to.

Hi! Thanks for the suggestion! Yes this would most definately be an option, or just to have a dropbox link with the images on have it on the alliance forum. The suggestion is more for the simplicity for new members to easily gaming with the graphic pack we use (read response to Krys under), and also I do have to admit that I had a little devil within me when I wrote this forum post :P I didn't really want them to use the pack that we use just because I thought they create and use their own, without using the content that we've created for our alliance to help out their new one :P Might be for the wrong reasons, but that's how it was :P

Hi! Do you think it would help you to stop people in your alliance? or you just want to punish them that they left you? by now everyone can save your graphic and make it's own graphics pack who isn't public and you don't know about that. Some people does it public and doesn't ask you for permission - several times already it just happened to me. Some people ask( I'm very happy with this), but most do not. In your idea a some alliance can make a its "own" graphic pack with your graphics and you wouldn't have access to it so you wouldn't know about it - it won't change anything and even makes it more difficult. You want to stop people - make the rules more human. People want to play for their own fun - not only your.

Hi Krys, this is more a matter of respect and principle. Obviously it would be easy for those in any alliance to just copy your images and create their own graphic packs, but by making an option to have an "Alliance Graphic Pack" which members can choose to use or not, would send a message that this graphic pack is intended for this alliance.

It's not to "punish" those who left but, seeing how graphic packs are important for immersion in the game, more as to not "help" out the new alliance by letting them use my alliances content. As of now I have the graphic pack public, and I don't mind anyone using it, but I still think it would be cool to see the ability to have a graphic pack that is only available to members, and which is also an easy setting to enable when you join in on the alliance. Could be right under the "Alliance Buildings: On/Off" as a option, "Alliance Graphic Pack: On/Off".

While the members obviously could easily just save the pictures to their machines then leave and create their own packs, they wouldn't be able to get the updated version, and also, as the main feature, it would be more accessible for new members.

As for "make the rules more human", in my alliance the only real rules we have are; build only where stations are in real life, use a uniform naming system and don't build ontop of others (except hospitals, helicopter, schools etc). So I don't find them unreasonable, especially because this is what the members themselves wanted. I've always said that I really don't care what the rules are, as long as the members in my alliance are happy with it.

I do however respect your opinion and appreciate your comment!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!