Limited refunds - premium feature

• Refunds for stations and vehicles after the initial 24 hours is something that has been discussed a number of times on the forum, and I wholeheartedly appreciate why it has been shot down on those occasions. The short answer is it would allow players to “cheat” the system. And the devs and other players simply don’t want that. But I think I’ve found a way around it which would benefit the community and the dev team as well.

The short answer is there should be some cost associated with refunding stations in exchange for the credits we would get back. Initially I thought that a simple “spend 10 coins, get your station refunded for half its price in credits” would work. And maybe it would. The trouble is when a station is worth near a million credits to build, even half of that refunded would generate enough credits to buy multiple extensions or vehicles which the player may have chosen to buy with coins if the refund wasn’t available.

Instead, I propose a 2-part feature which might be more useful!

1. The feature should only be available to premium members. This is where the cost for the player comes in.

2. It should be restricted to a certain credit limit. Rather than having a per-day or per-week limit, which might preclude certain expensive buildings from ever receiving a refund, I suggest this:

The first building is refunded for half its payment cost in credits, regardless of how it was initially bought, once the 24 hour limit for the full refund has expired. If the building was worth 200,000 credits, the player receives 100,000 credits.

This initial refund then activates a timer, which is equal to 50,000 a day. So this example’s timer would last 48 hours (2 days). Whilst the timer is activated, no further refunds may be received for deleting buildings which are older than 24hrs.

After the timer runs out, the player will be able to refund another older building for half of however much it costs, and must then wait the respective number of days until they can do it again. So a building worth 1mil credits would be refunded for 500,000 and the player must wait 10 days (240 hours) until they can earn any more credits from building refunds.

The refund will not be available to any players whose premium subscription will run out before the end of the timer which would be started by any refund they receive- so if a player wants to refund a building costing 200,000 credits to receive 100,000 credits, which is 2 days on a timer, but has less than 48hrs left of their premium subscription, they will not be able to get that refund.

I believe a refund feature is needed, and I believe the premium feature needs more incentive for players to subscribe. This would definitely be worth considering as a feature of the game.

• in my opinion, simply put dont fix something that’s not broken and even worse, don’t put features behind paywalls

It’s not a fix, it’s a feature lots of people (including myself) have asked for.

Paywalls are necessary for a free to play game which doesn’t have adverts. How do you think the devs keep it running? Coins are the only paywall for features including premium, early access to advanced vehicles, automatic staff recruitment and more.

I’m saying let’s add to the premium side of the game to make it more worthwhile for players, thus increasing playability for those who want to support the game. Then, the more money the game generates, the more time and effort the devs will spend on polishing it and bringing out new updates.

It’s a win-win imo.

• never seen a post on the forum relating to this topic but whatever. there are bigger issues at hand (mostly regarding the value of coins), and in relation to your point about the devs keeping it running, you don’t think they already make enough money with the extortionate prices of coins?

i don’t see how this increases playability, im not trying to lose out on more then 1.8 million credits due to no more refunds (which takes a while to grind) just because i don’t have premium

• I don’t see how you’d loose out on any credits whatsoever with this feature? And I don’t see coins being particularly extortionate considering, again, they’re entirely optional, given for free during events and once a week from login rewards as well as task rewards, and they mean that people don’t have to watch adverts in order to play the game.

• because you stated the feature is solely for accounts with premium... say i place a station in the incorrect location, or i want to build a different fire departments station instead of the one i built before. i do accept that im making hypotheticals and that your argument will be to simply plan better, and this would affect me because then i cant refund the station and lose out on 1.8 mil credits. haha the price of coins isn't extortionate, so it's acceptable for a small fire station and a vehicle to cost 25 coins? (which is 3 pounds). i completely support the fact that there's no ads, but this is definitely not the way to go.

• There is already the ability to refund fully the cost of a station up to 24hours after it’s built. That feature wouldn’t change and isn’t premium in the first place. What

I’m suggesting is a feature which is available as a bonus to paying players which starts after the 24hour time limit for free refunds has expired. So you wouldn’t lose any credits which you hadn’t had 24 hours to seriously consider if you wanted to use or not. I apologise if I hadn’t made that clear in my initial post.

I think the price of coins is very reasonable. I think the things the coins can buy are what need to be adjusted. £3 for 25 coins would be great if vehicles were 5 coins each instead of 25 - especially for vehicles worth 25k credits plus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!