HazMat Equipment for Ladders/Quints

• You can get equipment using the storage feature in the fire department and that will allow you to add HazMat equipment to the vehicle.

Can we please get ladders and quints added to the list of allowable units for HazMat equipment?

There are countless departments out there where the ladder cross-staffs that hazmat unit and/or the ladder is your hazmat company (not to mention FDNY's CPC ladders).

• You are right. You can assign it to a rescue engine, a heavy rescue vehicle, and a firetruck, but you can't assign it to a platform truck or a quint. I don't understand why logically it couldn't be assigned to a quint, because a quint is a firetruck and a platform truck, and a quint is a platform truck mixed with a fire truck. I guess if you wanted to look at it from the platform truck's perspective, it couldn't be assigned to the quint, but, if you look at it from the perspective of the fire truck, you should easily be able to allow it to carry HazMat equipment. I do not think that the developers were thinking too hard when they put the restriction on the quint.

P.S. I think that the platform trucks should also be able to carry HazMat equipment.

• P.S. I think that the platform trucks should also be able to carry HazMat equipment.

That is what was Alasizon said. Maybe next time actually read the post?

Can we please get ladders and quints added to the list of allowable units for HazMat equipment?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!