Adding a Rapid Response Car

• In the UK our ambulance services use other ways to get to the injured in there area one thing that would be nice is to have some rapid response vehicles like cars, motorbikes and even push bikes. they are not able to transport but when an incident is relay bad or there are no local ambulances available they will attend and provide medical care until an ambulance is ready.

• In the UK our ambulance services use other ways to get to the injured in there area one thing that would be nice is to have some rapid response vehicles like cars, motorbikes and even push bikes. they are not able to transport but when an incident is relay bad or there are no local ambulances available they will attend and provide medical care until an ambulance is ready.

I've never seen anything like this or even heard of it. @Gavin876 if you could provide a link that would be great.

Wouldn't that be the same as FD responding as first responders? Which is already implemented. I understand what rapid response vehicles are used for, since we have them as well. But, in this game is it really necessary? Would that unit just be able to completely get the mission bar down but not be able to complete the call until an ambulance arrives?

• Wouldn't that be the same as FD responding as first responders? Which is already implemented. I understand what rapid response vehicles are used for, since we have them as well. But, in this game is it really necessary? Would that unit just be able to completely get the mission bar down but not be able to complete the call until an ambulance arrives?

Yes the point is at the moment not all calls require an ambulance to transport to hospital a rapid response car can get to the scene more quickly treat the person then tell you weather or not an ambulance is needed.

• yes but it would be better if we had rapid response cars so that we don't have to use up our fire engine resources which can be used for other calls

In the U.S I've never heard of a doctor or anything like that responding as rapid response vehicles. Here we have Fire Departments respond as first responders. Fire departments are going to be first on the scene 9 out of 10 times to begin patient care and determine if a transport unit is needed. If not, they will cancel the ambulance. Out in the more rural areas we have Medic Trucks, also known as Quick Response Vehicles. Which are staffed with one Paramedic and respond to calls with the ambulance. They are able to start advance care for the patient before the transport unit arrives on scene.

• In the U.S I've never heard of a doctor or anything like that responding as rapid response vehicles. Here we have Fire Departments respond as first responders. Fire departments are going to be first on the scene 9 out of 10 times to begin patient care and determine if a transport unit is needed. If not, they will cancel the ambulance. Out in the more rural areas we have Medic Trucks, also known as Quick Response Vehicles. Which are staffed with one Paramedic and respond to calls with the ambulance. They are able to start advance care for the patient before the transport unit arrives on scene.

Just a bit of information but Wayne County Indiana does actually have a car for a Dr to respond to major traumas. Do i think it is needed in the game, not really but like I said, I just wanted to let you know this cool fact...

• Just a bit of information but Wayne County Indiana does actually have a car for a Dr to respond to major traumas. Do i think it is needed in the game, not really but like I said, I just wanted to let you know this cool fact...

Just a bit of information but Wayne County Indiana does actually have a car for a Dr to respond to major traumas. Do i think it is needed in the game, not really but like I said, I just wanted to let you know this cool fact...

Thank you, I talked to a buddy of mine on the West Coast. And they pretty much run the same as well but with a Nurse Practitioner. And yes, my point exactly. It is not needed for this game.

• In my area any "Rapid Response Vehicles" either fire or ems, are usually the Fire Battalion chiefs or EMS Battalion Chiefs in the area. The county I live in currently has 3 EMS Battalion Chiefs, but we have 15 EMS stations with a 16th on the way. And I hardly ever see them running calls, unless it is something MAJOR. They are nothing more than single person Paramedic Units, that carry some specialized equipment, and can act as one additional person on a call.

After giving this some thought and doing some research I am ready to state my opinion regarding this topic. This exact thing is being done in four cities that I know of as of right now in my home state and the reason for this service is for the following reasons;

A. To stir frequent callers from dialing 911 for non-emergencies.

B. Every time a apparatus is dispatch to a call rather it is life or death these firefighters respond putting so much wear and tare on the apparatuses and also when you do this you are taking them from being available for a more serious call.

C. Having this type of unit around helps keep apparatus in service for actual emergencies. If in fact the patient needs transport a ambulance is then dispatch for transport

In Conclusion: Adding this to the game at this point I would say ''No'' however I would like to see this service in the game in a later time as I think it would be very beneficial to add it as it would help keep more ambulances in service and available for incidents that need actual transport.

Thank you for this post as in the beginning I was totally against this but after thinking it over and doing some research my opinion on this changed. Thanks again!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!