Current or Retired apparatus for your stations

• Do you like to use current fire apparatus for your stations or add in retired units to mix things up a bit? Or retire units as it happens in RL and add on newer ones when they come?

(Wasn't sure if this would go in Off Topic Discussion or General Discussion)

• I have both reserve vehicles in a workshop building and frontline vehicles, if I find out that a vehicle has crashed IRL I may take it off the run and put a reserve in its place until I find out it was replaced.

• I have current and retired units. For Fire & EMS. Mostly shut down stations when apparatus were sold elsewhere.

Workshop, You use a fire station for it? I'm thinking like a maintence building if that's what you're talking about. Which is what we have in my town for broke down needing repair or old emergency vehicles until they are sold. Basically our Public Works building.

For Reserve Apparatus, Do you exclude from calls or delay their response time longer?

• I have current and retired units. For Fire & EMS. Mostly shut down stations when apparatus were sold elsewhere.

Workshop, You use a fire station for it? I'm thinking like a maintence building if that's what you're talking about. Which is what we have in my town for broke down needing repair or old emergency vehicles until they are sold. Basically our Public Works building.

For Reserve Apparatus, Do you exclude from calls or delay their response time longer?

I use a fire station as workshops and stores as they tend to have a number of reserve vehicles at them, I make them all unavailable and have a response time of 30 seconds which is what I use for my retained stations, this is so when I swap the vehicles out they fit right in and I don’t have to change anything.

• I use a fire station as workshops and stores as they tend to have a number of reserve vehicles at them, I make them all unavailable and have a response time of 30 seconds which is what I use for my retained stations, this is so when I swap the vehicles out they fit right in and I don’t have to change anything.

Good working system you have there. Unfortunately the only reserve apparatus in my county is if a fire station designates them as reserve which is mostly older 70's and 80's pumpers. Or spare pumpers that are used by secondary means.

Now to figure out my response times. Engines, Rescue Engines, Platforms and Quints are 6 seconds. Utilities, Battalion Chiefs, Type 2s are 2 seconds, Everything else is 12 seconds. Very few Engines are 12 seconds for second out responses. Lol. Time to revamp it. Any suggestions?

• I personally don’t like really High station turnout times as it is a game etc but I do have different times.

I use 12 seconds for whole time stations and 30 seconds for retained/volunteer stations. That’s for the primary vehicle at the station, every other vehicle I will increase by 1 second so 12, 13, 14 etc. This way the thing that is auto dispatched first is the primary engine. Some of my stations have a mix of retained/whole time firefighter so I do mix that. For example Earlham fire station in Norwich has a whole time pump and aerial and then a retained pump. My primary pump is 12 seconds, the aerial is 20 and the retained is 30.

The top pic shows the response delays of the above mentioned station and the bottom picture is of one of my workshops.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!