Delayed response

• Hi everyone,

I am curious to see what others have done about delayed response.

Has anyone set a delayed response in your units to make it more realistic? If so, what is your average delayed response time from tone dispatch to actually departing the hall on a call.

Depending on type of vehicle, I've only currently set delayed response to my fire vehicles. They range anywhere from 30 secs to 1:30.

Thanks

Mike

• When I started I had delayed responses, usually 30 seconds on a normal fire engine.

As I've progressed through the game I've removed them because I needed the units on scene as fast as possible and I couldn't be wasting time and delaying their response. I do try and play realistic but the delayed response is no longer for me.

• I do 12 seconds for whole time and 30 seconds for retained (volunteer).

For every other vehicle in the station I add 1 second.

For example if I have a whole time station with 3 vehicles in it the times will be like this:
    Vehicle 1 = 12 seconds
    Vehicle 2 = 13 seconds
    Vehicle 3 = 14 seconds
    This way I have my first due vehicle first out. For retained it exactly the same but instead of going from 12 I go from 30 seconds.

• Most of the time I don't use delayed responses, but as TACRfan was saying, sometimes it is needed to get first out units selected first...For example, Say in station 1 there is Engine 1 and Engine 2....Logically, Engine 1 should be called on before Engine 2. Therefore, if you set Engine 2 to a second longer delayed response, Engine 1 will be picked first using Alarm and Response.

• TACRfan,

I was reading how you setup your vehicle in terms of response delay. I was just wondering if you have a similar setup for police or ambulance response times and if you have a rough idea of a relative time.

I am currently trying to setup a similar system with my stations but want to be double sure what timings I want to use so i don't have to restart all my stations half way through. Advice would be appreciated.

Thank you very much,
    IUsed2.

• TACRfan,
    I was reading how you setup your vehicle in terms of response delay. I was just wondering if you have a similar setup for police or ambulance response times and if you have a rough idea of a relative time.

I am currently trying to setup a similar system with my stations but want to be double sure what timings I want to use so i don't have to restart all my stations half way through. Advice would be appreciated.

Thank you very much,
    IUsed2.

Police and Ambulance i just do a 12 second delay. If its HART i do 300, HEMS i do 300, Police aviation is 300, Ambulance officers are 20-30

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!