Vehicle specific graphic packs

• A suggestion for a cool (and perhaps helpful for some?) feature when it comes to graphic packs!

As we probably all want our own graphics to represent our vehicles at some point, the option to do a particular thing has crossed my mind on a number of occasions...
    You can currently set a particular graphic to a certain vehicle type (e.g. heavy rescue), but the ability to actually choose the graphic for each individual vehicle is something we don't have.

This would come in handy for instance - if you are running two different fire services as such, but they both use the same vehicle type. So say if one truck was red and the other yellow, one would have to miss out on appropriately representing the service due to the current limitations (this could be resolved with this useful feature!)

Perhaps including a setting where the player can choose to have vehicle type based logos active, or the option to pick one for each individual vehicle in your fleet.. would be the best way to approach this? 8)

• Oh great!

I shall keep that in mind. This is all new knowledge to me after only recently joining and unable to find such information in previous forum posts.

It never hurts to suggest anything. It was obviously a good idea because it's already been implemented. I agree though - it makes it a bit more dynamic to be able to have multiple graphics for the same vehicle type.

• Another way you can do it is if you create a graphics pack and don’t add graphics to the unit types that have multiple variants. For example I have water carriers down as Tankers, Foam units and High Volume Pumps (all look different), and then you go and assign that graphic pack to a station it the graphics that you left blank in the pack will be able to be assigned individual graphics.

This way all of the vehicles that may use the same graphic such as ambulances are assigned the same graphic automatically without you having to do each one.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!