Ambulance station/hospital capacity

• Something fairly simple I would imagine...

This may have already been brought up - but perhaps a 'reminder' as such is needed?

Can we have the capacity of ambulance stations extended so that they can contain more vehicle bays? Something like a limit of 20 or perhaps even 25 would be more suitable I think. This will help those who base their service off of real life and wish to have rather large stations! :)

Could the hospital capacity also be brought up, to at least say 50? 30 seems a bit small for many city hospitals...

• Ambulance stations, fire stations and police stations can already have up to 40 vehicles in each one, I have just built a 29 vehicle Ambulance station in London: https://www.missionchief.com/buildings/143345

As for hospitals, I’m not sure if they will increase, this bed number is not total beds for the hospital but total beds for the emergency department which would be unlikely to be above 30.

Prisons and police stations are on the list to have there capacities changed and maybe a different way of buying cells.

Police aviation and HEMS are also on the list to allow a couple more vehicle slots.

• Ambulance stations, fire stations and police stations can already have up to 40 vehicles in each one, I have just built a 29 vehicle Ambulance station in London: https://www.missionchief.com/buildings/143345

Oh, that I did not know.

I based that off the missionchief wikia page - it says ambulance stations can have a maximum of 15 vehicles.

Thanks for informing me about that, certainly helps me!

As for hospitals, I’m not sure if they will increase, this bed number is not total beds for the hospital but total beds for the emergency department which would be unlikely to be above 30.

Hmm... You could be right with that.

Instead of having the ambulance and fire trucks waiting at the call until a bed is available - perhaps the option to still send the ambulance to the hospital, but wait in line as such could work? (this happens in real life all the time)

So basically the ambulance would wait at the hospital until there is a free patient bed. This would also help in freeing fire vehicles for other jobs :)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!