Time zones

• Hi everyone,

I've searched the forum but not able to find answer to my question.

I have some units that only operate during certain times, so I have set times it starts and ends. Only issue I have is, the time zones are wrong so the times I set here for them to be in service, they are out of service due to time set.

Is this game set to a specific time zone or can I adjust it to suit my cities/country time zone?

How do I adjust for the time zone I want if it's not adjustable through the game?

Thanks,

Mike

• So I have always struggled with this myself. Recently I asked Sebastian to get a definite answer.

The in game chat and times linked to it are in EST.

For inservice times, these run on UTC +00. So that’s GMT +00, EST-05, PST-08, CET+1.

• No as I say, the chat times are in in Easten, the out of service times are in UTC 00+00. If you are in PST you will need to add 8 hours on. So if you want a vehicle to be out of service at 8AM you will need to set it at 12AM.

This is why for the winter time here in the UK I don’t have to change anything because GMT and UTC are the same at +00. So as you can see in the pic, those times I have set for me are spot on. In service at 7 and out at 1am, you will just need to subtract 8 hours.

• Hi everyone,

I need to bring this time zone question up again as I dont seem to be getting the time zone difference.

I have units that I would like in service at 8am and out of service at 4pm. I am in PST time zone. I understand the in service time zone is UTC, and EST is my units time zone (NEW YORK). I set the time in serve for 00:00 and out of service for 08:00. Unit remained out of service when it should have been in service.

If i want a unit to be in service from 8am - 4pm New york time zone, and I am in Vancouver BC PST time zone, what do I set the times to? Ive set 5am-1pm, still out of service when it should be in service.

can someone dummy this time zone down for me? I understand that I need to add 8 hours but when i put the times in, units still remain out of service when they shouldnt be.

08:00 - 16:00?
    09:00 - 17:00?
    06:00 - 14:00?

Thanks,

Mike

• Thanks Wolfman. I took a look at the link you provided, and i understand that est and pst time zones are three hour difference.

I set the in service time for 13:00 so my unit can be in service from 16:00 Est, and it didnt work. Still remained out of service even though the times are right.

So from what TACRfan mentioned, I believe I am missing something related to the UTC time zone or servers for this game time zone.

TACRfan, if you read this, can you confirm whether I am missing something or do the time zones that Wolfman provided are correct and I am just not understanding this format.

Thanks all for your help and understanding.

Mike

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!