Battalion Chief and Mobile Air max crew

• Hi all,

I'll try and keep this as brief as possible...

I've come across this minor issue recently when creating some of my units (specifically battalion chiefs and mobile airs). I try to base my stations and units as real as possible, although that isn't the case all the time unfortunately haha... :P Having more crew members per vehicle decreases the amount of time which it takes to clear a scene. Currently both of these units only allow 3 crew members. With that being said - a number of my local battalion chief and mobile air vehicles have room for 4 (sometimes even 5) people :thumbup:

In saying that, would it be possible to upgrade how many crew members we can have for these two vehicles? Obviously not a life or death situation... But it would be cool to accurately represent my local service even further, if at all possible!

• I am based in the UK and realistically, a battalion chief (station manager) has one member in and mobile air would have one (if its a van) or two if its a truck (max of three). They would be members from fleet maintenance i predict or firefighters based on a utility unit, trained in technical rescue or whatnot. If anyone wants to correct me feel free lol.

• I am based in the UK and realistically, a battalion chief (station manager) has one member in and mobile air would have one (if its a van) or two if its a truck (max of three). They would be members from fleet maintenance i predict or firefighters based on a utility unit, trained in technical rescue or whatnot. If anyone wants to correct me feel free lol.

While I agree , you can always adjust the maximum number of people that can go in a vehicle, except SWAT armored vehicle, I don't think it would be obstructive or a problem for any of us if this was implemented.

• Our paid firefighters here are usually 1 or 2 per vehicle... :thumbup:

But in saying that - volunteers it's a different story. A lot of the battalion chiefs (called QRV's where I'm from) have room for 4+ people. These units are a little different to battalion chiefs in the United States though, as far as I can tell... QRV's are typically driven by anyone from the station, it doesn't have to be one of the people in charge from what I understand :D They also hold a small tank of water (approx 400L), and are useful for tight places where the larger trucks can't reach.

Like @me181 said - it shouldn't be a problem if this was implemented. Simply gives us more crew options!

• While I agree , you can always adjust the maximum number of people that can go in a vehicle, except SWAT armored vehicle, I don't think it would be obstructive or a problem for any of us if this was implemented.

in the UK, we don't have battalion Chiefs. They're called station or watch managers. Depending on the fire, they either ride in the cab of the appliance or drive a car. It's either a Land Rover if it's a big incident and a command is needed, or an L4T which is a 4x4 tender which has a small water tank, hoses and some basic rescue equipment. It varies for stations. In London, they have typically 2/3 pumps per station with either a rescue unit or a ladder unit along with a station manager vehicle. Where as somewhere like Hertfordshire, they would have 1 pump and an 1 L4T as well as maybe a station manager vehicle. It's just the type of zone it is covering.

• in the UK, we don't have battalion Chiefs. They're called station or watch managers. Depending on the fire, they either ride in the cab of the appliance or drive a car. It's either a Land Rover if it's a big incident and a command is needed, or an L4T which is a 4x4 tender which has a small water tank, hoses and some basic rescue equipment. It varies for stations. In London, they have typically 2/3 pumps per station with either a rescue unit or a ladder unit along with a station manager vehicle. Where as somewhere like Hertfordshire, they would have 1 pump and an 1 L4T as well as maybe a station manager vehicle. It's just the type of zone it is covering.

Errr, some of that's correct lol! But yes, essentially they aren't called battalions, instead 'officer car' is a term widely used to describe them, and although the max number of people could be raised, it wouldn't actually change much...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!