Hydrants Please Delete if Already Discussed

• Suggestion:
    So I have been looking at the maps in game. I have noticed throughout the different map options that you have that none of them show hydrants or water supply. Now I know that making the hydrant icons accurate to where they are in real life is a huge task due to the shear size of the United States. But, having the icons in the game sporadically or set at a certain distance from each other would be a nice addition to the realism of the game. I also know that as of now the hydrants will not doing anything since there is nothing added in for direct water supply. I'm from the Warren County, Ohio area, and I know that in my county all of our maps, either on out Active 911 maps on our phones or the CAD system, show hydrants in relation to the direction of travel and call address.

I just think this would be a cool addition to be able to see in game and maybe implemented in the future.

Thank you for listening!

• Suggestion:
    So I have been looking at the maps in game. I have noticed throughout the different map options that you have that none of them show hydrants or water supply. Now I know that making the hydrant icons accurate to where they are in real life is a huge task due to the shear size of the United States. But, having the icons in the game sporadically or set at a certain distance from each other would be a nice addition to the realism of the game. I also know that as of now the hydrants will not doing anything since there is nothing added in for direct water supply. I'm from the Warren County, Ohio area, and I know that in my county all of our maps, either on out Active 911 maps on our phones or the CAD system, show hydrants in relation to the direction of travel and call address.

I just think this would be a cool addition to be able to see in game and maybe implemented in the future.

Thank you for listening!

That would take a lot of work for something that will never actually get used. Of course it'd be cool but if it's gonna take a lot of work I'd just say drop it, I mean we don't use them anyway because it's a dispatching game, but I like the idea.

• This won’t happen. It would be cool but it would be a huge task to Mark and it’s not always possible to get info on locations.

I did look into hydrants when the limited water system was added to the German game as personally I don’t like the system on there because it doesn’t take into account hydrants, the way the US game uses it for rural calls only is a better idea. But I looked at how we could add hydrants into the game and the only option we could see was a POI system. To give you an idea of how many of these POI’s you would have to place if you played in London, the answer would be 115,000, and that’s only counting ones services by the LFB, not ones on private land.

• The only way it would work well is if water sources were able to be added by the players. Like as a POI but that also would take a lot of time if it was a city.
    However if each station could be set for a type of area it covers like Urban, Suburban or Rural then the rural stations would have player added water sources because they aren't on every corner usually.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!