New Units and missions

• I believe what you are referring to in regards to a building would be FAST not USAR. Firefighter Assist & Search Team (FAST), completely different. The Interface Pumpers I believe are considered Type 3 or Type 4. Not sure but I know the actual Brush Trucks built on Ford F-150 to F-450, Chevrolet 1500 to 4500 and Dodge Ram 1500 to 4500 are Type 6. The problem with considering Type 2 as Brush Trucks in the game is the game doesn't differentiate in response regulations. So you would get a truck that in real life is only say a 2006 Ford F-350 Super Duty XLT/Reading 250/200 Brush Truck responding as say a full blown 1996 Freightliner FL-70 2-door/KME 1250/1000 Pumper.

• USAR is urban search and rescue and FAST firefighter assits & search team or RIT rapid intervention team are completely different
    Usar is for searching collapsed buildings and other major incidents and minor technical rescues ect
    Fast or rit is a team of two or a truck(2-6) of firefighters at a working fire for the specific role of rescue team for a firefighters destress alarm or a radio mayday message these rit teams move into the fire to rescue the firefighter or assist him with a civilian

So no they are not the same thing.

• No they are definitely USAR. They are based in a small town and go to any call that requires them across 3,520 square miles in the counties of Norfolk and Suffolk. Thay can also attend incidents anywhere in the UK as they are part of a National Resilience program, find out more about the program here: http://www.local.gov.uk/docume…a5-40d0-be7f-ee0ae2aab6ce

Interesting about the type 3s etc, I don't know a lot about American fire fighting so it's always nice to learn.

• No they are definitely USAR. They are based in a small town and go to any call that requires them across 3,520 square miles in the counties of Norfolk and Suffolk. Thay can also attend incidents anywhere in the UK as they are part of a National Resilience program, find out more about the program here: http://www.local.gov.uk/docume…a5-40d0-be7f-ee0ae2aab6ce

Interesting about the type 3s etc, I don't know a lot about American fire fighting so it's always nice to learn.

can you elaborate on the first bit no they are definitely USAR the information provided supports my post so i cant teel if your agreeing with me or not

• Here in Canada we have HUSAR = Heavy Urban Search and Rescue. This team dispatches to major incidents, whether it be Structure collapses or natural disasters...etc.

Our fire departments use RIT = Rapid Intervention Teams. They are specialized teams which are specially trained specifically for on scene fire fighter rescues. These teams are on our Rescue Pumpers so they get dispatched to other calls and are used in working fires, 1st alarms and above as well. Rescue pumpers are used for any type of call ranging from medical to structure fires but are the only fire vehicles we have for RIT.

In case anyone was interested in knowing. :)

• Here in Canada we have HUSAR = Heavy Urban Search and Rescue. This team dispatches to major incidents, whether it be Structure collapses or natural disasters...etc.

Our fire departments use RIT = Rapid Intervention Teams. They are specialized teams which are specially trained specifically for on scene fire fighter rescues. These teams are on our Rescue Pumpers so they get dispatched to other calls and are used in working fires, 1st alarms and above as well. Rescue pumpers are used for any type of call ranging from medical to structure fires but are the only fire vehicles we have for RIT.

In case anyone was interested in knowing. :)

I find it interesting how things can be called something different around the world but do the same thing

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!