Question regarding fire appliances

• Afternoon everyone, I’m trying to play fully realistic for the area I cover, setting up Derbyshire at the minute, I’m a little confused by the names of some of the appliances in game, for example I want a DPL (dual purpose ladder) that also have rescue capabilities ie rtc ect ect, I have major rescue pods and prime movers but Derbyshire fire and rescue dosnt have dedicated rescue support units or technical rescue apart from unimogs and rope vans, my question is what unit in game does what I’m looking for as I don’t understand half of them 🤣🤣

• In game, “rescues” are only needed for major RTC’s. I personally would use WrL’s and then have the major rescue unit available. If I needed more and didn’t have neighbouring counties I might add in a few rescue pumps at wholetime stations

• I ran into problems in London where there are relatively few 'Rescue' units per pumps. But, it really varies with what the fire service call their appliances - I can't for one second believe that, for example, a "Rescue Pump" at a retained station in deepest Essex, contains similar kit to a wholetime "Water Ladder" in Hertfordshire and a "Dual Pump Ladder" in London.

I've fudged it by using Rescue Pumps at Wholetime stations and Water Ladders for retained.

FWIW, I also used Hazmat units to represent the FRUs in London because, prior to the OSU unit, there'd have been essentially *no* Hazmat capability.

• Afternoon everyone, I’m trying to play fully realistic for the area I cover, setting up Derbyshire at the minute, I’m a little confused by the names of some of the appliances in game, for example I want a DPL (dual purpose ladder) that also have rescue capabilities ie rtc ect ect, I have major rescue pods and prime movers but Derbyshire fire and rescue dosnt have dedicated rescue support units or technical rescue apart from unimogs and rope vans, my question is what unit in game does what I’m looking for as I don’t understand half of them 🤣🤣

Personally I would build up Derbyshire alongside neighbouring Nottinghamshire. Mainly due to the 2 services now sharing units such as EPU and a command unit. Covering Nottinghamshire also gives you and additional 2 rescue resources at Highfield and Newark. As stated above if needed you always add Rescue Pumps at Wholetime stations

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!