Food for thought with some suggestions

• Wildland Fires
      • For Wildland Fire Clean Ups
        • Remove Hotshots or Smoke jumper requirement. Not a Wildland Expert, but those folks are initial attack and not clean up. They come, control and leave.
      • Expanding Wildfires
        • There continues to be wildland fires that spawn as many as 6 missions all within a mile or so of each other. Wildland fires absolutely do spread and get bigger and bigger. But in the game the expanding fire requires the same resources and after a few of them resources are coming from hours away. I think my set up has 10 Wildland Command Vehicles and quite often all of them are responding to a fire that is within a mile of each other and I have none left. Sometimes you end up with 5 or 6 command vehicles there. Meaning 1 fire that has spread has multiple command posts
        • Why not just have one wildland fire that increases in size requiring additionally resources? As the mission expands it requires additional resources, but not the exact same compliment from the initial fire.
        • It would then be run as a "Complex Fire" or something similar.
      • Fire Command Vehicles
        • Allow them to count as Wildland Command Vehicles as long as they have the personnel trained on Wildland Command
        • Allow them to count as EMS Command Vehicles as long as they have personnel trained on EMS Command

Just a few thoughts I had on some small improvements.

• I agree with most of your points - but disagree with fd command unit being able to cover EMS command - to me is redundant as you can have 2 EMS command in an EMS chief unit - which has to respond to any call requiring EMS command anyway ( due to number of patients involved

• I agree with most of your points - but disagree with fd command unit being able to cover EMS command - to me is redundant as you can have 2 EMS command in an EMS chief unit - which has to respond to any call requiring EMS command anyway ( due to number of patients involved

In today's world when Command Post Units respond, the folks that are managing them are "All Hazards IMT Trained". At least in Fla

• In today's world when Command Post Units respond, the folks that are managing them are "All Hazards IMT Trained". At least in Fla

IRL id agree, but in game - no - only because - as stated earlier - 2 trained in EMS chief covers the requirement, and the EMS chief is needed anyway, plus it would only really work if the specific fd station has the ambo extension

• for reference, hotshots do also perform mop up operations if they’re still assigned to the fire before their 14 days expire

OK......But

"In the United States, a Shot Crew, officially known as an Interagency Hotshot Crew (IHC), is a team of 20-22 elite wildland firefighters that mainly respond to large, high-priority fires across the country and abroad. They are assigned to work the most challenging parts of the fire and are considered strategic and tactical wildland fire experts."

Not clean up crews...

• They do perform mop up operations aswell… im not gonna be stating a fact without reason? as i said previously, if they’re assigned to a fire and are asked to perform mop up, then they will do so… is there anything else really to add? for further evidence, see the video

| timestamp is 13:12

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!