• As the title states, this thread is about the VMR vehicle (not boat!), which is currently useless.

So the VMR Station is unique on AU in that it allows you to set a mission spawn radius. This means you can set missions to spawn over water. None of the current VMR missions have a requirement for the VMR vehicle and that is a good thing because the vehicle does not at all make sense.

If VMR missions (e.g. boat fire) spawn over water like they are supposed to, how is the VMR vehicle, which is land based, going to get there? It would have to drive over water, which is obviously unfeasible and just plain silly. What I am asking is, why was the VMR vehicle implemented, and what is its purpose apart from gathering dust in a station. There is literally no use for it, unlike the police motorcycle which can go to police missions and speed up the completion time, as well as credit tag. The whole VMR section of mc au is in need of some love, but at least the rest of it apart from the VMR vehicle has a purpose and actually works.

I would love to hear of any future/upcoming updates regarding the VMR building and vehicles.

• The AUS Content team have this on our list for another update and are doing more research.

VMR was originally created by the old content team.

Originally the support was a quad. Which we got renamed to the support, as the quad made no sense.

We want to incorporate the support into some inland missions as it follows roads. We also want to make it a towing vehicle.

Still in the early stages for ideas

• The AUS Content team have this on our list for another update and are doing more research.

VMR was originally created by the old content team.

Originally the support was a quad. Which we got renamed to the support, as the quad made no sense.

We want to incorporate the support into some inland missions as it follows roads. We also want to make it a towing vehicle.

Still in the early stages for ideas

Like able to tow the VMR vehicle on a trailer? In my screenshot on the original post thats what it is doing.

• Like able to tow the VMR vehicle on a trailer? In my screenshot on the original post thats what it is doing.

We hope to try and implement exactly that.

Possibly look at having 2 different size boats.

Nothing locked in all just ideas at this stage

• The Support vehicles used by the AVCG (Australian Volunteer Coastguard) are either a 4WD or Light Rigid Truck which are used a number of boats from small inflatable or aluminium boats used for example by NSW Inland VMR similar to the SES or larger boats like the Shark Cat used by the AVCG. There are also larger Patrol Boats in the 30 to 50 metre length for ocean rescue missions. As Corbz3 stated we are looking at VMR (which was implemented by a previous team) to give it give both content and missions a makeover.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!