Fire in a PaperMill

• I am perplexed as to why a Fire in a Papermill would only be a 1 truck call, Id imagine a risk plan would see a Min 2 pumps and aerial or 3 pumps and aerial, Even with the most advanced fire suppression systems they do not cover every part of a mill? Also, the Incident does not escalate why?

Pretty strange requirements, what am I missing?

N.

• Any structure fire should require more than 1 truck. However if you think a call should have a different response then the game requires there is nothing stopping you from sending more…

Battalion Chief in game
    338M credits as of May 2024

NA Emergency Response

NYC, Vancouver, Newark, Toronto

• We would send on the initial dispatch 3 Battalion Chiefs, 4 Engines, 2 Ladders, 1 Heavy Squad, Air Truck, 2 Tankers and a couple Ambulances. Since it is a new incident, I am hoping that it changes

Maybe overkill, but I would even suggest a HazMat unit, possibly a foam tender, and Mobile Command as well, even though most of the local paper mills here have internal fire brigades as well. The thought of chlorine gas, sulfuric acid, and hydrogen peroxide all mixing together does not paint a pretty picture.

Any structure fire should require more than 1 truck. However if you think a call should have a different response then the game requires there is nothing stopping you from sending more…

Always better to be looking AT extra hands than to be looking FOR them.

Chief, I'm a rescue man. I trained to be a rescue man, and I like being a rescue man. - Johnny Gage, LA County Rescue Squad 10

• We would send on the initial dispatch 3 Battalion Chiefs, 4 Engines, 2 Ladders, 1 Heavy Squad, Air Truck, 2 Tankers and a couple Ambulances. Since it is a new incident, I am hoping that it changes

Is this to first Alarm initial turnout, before confirming a fire not transmitting a greater alarm?

• Is this to first Alarm initial turnout, before confirming a fire not transmitting a greater alarm?

That would be a standard response for a reported "fire" in that type facility and if confirmed a couple tankers added before arrival. On arrival a greater alarm or a 2nd alarm would duplicate the 1st

• That would be a standard response for a reported "fire" in that type facility and if confirmed a couple tankers added before arrival. On arrival a greater alarm or a 2nd alarm would duplicate the 1st

Ok, but what about for the first turn-out alarm (Not Confimred?) That is what my initial comments were aimed at not greater alarms

• Initial response in my game dept would be 3 engines 2 ladders 1 battalion chief

Initial response for the dept I work for would be 2 engines 1 Ladder 1 rescue (1 tanker if outlying) 1 district chief

Battalion Chief in game
    338M credits as of May 2024

NA Emergency Response

NYC, Vancouver, Newark, Toronto

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!