Requirements for missions

• Your location should help determine the type of calls you have. You aren't going to have a tractor or harvester fire in the middle of the city. You should also be able to send different units to certain calls. For instance, if you have a carbon monoxide alarm then you should be able to send a rescue truck, Hazmat unit, or a platform truck to the scene to check it out. Depending on the department, those units would be able to respond and handle those calls correctly. And just like you have a maximum number of people per truck, you should also have a minimum number. You shouldn't be able to have one person on each unit. There should also be many more combined calls. I don't know about everywhere else in the world but in my area, during a fire call, we almost always have police and ems on scene. Even a simple residential fire we have them so they should be required in game.

• And just like you have a maximum number of people per truck, you should also have a minimum number. You shouldn't be able to have one person on each unit.

When we did that with SWAT trucks, the forums were in an uproar over it.

in my area, during a fire call, we almost always have police and ems on scene. Even a simple residential fire we have them so they should be required in game.

Funnily enough, the call "Residential Fire" does require police, fire, and (sometimes) EMS.

• yes, after going back and looking the Residential Fire does require it but what I was going for was that more fire calls should include that stuff. And yes, most of the time it as engine responding to a call like that but if there is no available engine then you should be able to still respond to the call with another truck.

• There's nothing stopping you from making up a police and ambulance response to any of those calls. If each fire call requires police and ambulance then there will be a building requirement and no one will be able to progress due to demands in having x amount of extra units.

• The thing with making more calls require EMS and Fire is that a lot of people don't have them. MissionChief started as a fire only game, with EMS and Police being added for more realism. However, we wanted to avoid having too many missions combined requiring them all because you wouldn't be able to resolve most of them if you did not have them. If you then made the missions require them before spawning (as currently happens with Police/Fire/EMS combined calls), you'll lose a lot of variety.

So, we want to keep what is the primary focus, fire, up there as being solely required for most missions. As mentioned, if you feel you would send a police car or ambulance to a call then go for it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!