slow hospital discharge

• just got my first hospital and ambulance. problem is now that I have 5 ambulances, my 16 bed hospital can't keep up. Why is it one patient per hour instead of each patient stays an hour, hell I'd be ok with 4 hours. But if I play and fill it up, I can't take a bunch more until the next day. When I get it maxed to 30, it will be over a day before I can fill it up again. Am I the only person that thinks this is crazy? I have 4 police stations with a total of 8 cells and don't have anywhere close to this problem

• But wouldn't that keep you from getting more credits to that call? If I'm not wrong you don't get the same amount of credits if you don't transport the patient to a hospital that requires a special condition. Correct me if I'm wrong.

• Yes, transport to a hospital with the correct department gets you 575, transport on it's own is 500 and discharge at site is 250. If your hospitals fill up quickly though, build more and increase their capacity, I don't particularly see any problem with this workaround within the game mechanics to replicate this real life problem.

• I'm with Smock. Given the frequency of EMS calls, and the number of patients a larger incident can generate compared to prisoner transports, I would like to see this changed as well. I've often said patients should be admitted for a set amount of time, (1-4 hours...it doesn't matter much) and then released, not 1 released each hour. This could also be an across the board change for prisoners as well, since I believe the mechanics use the same code, without negatively affecting game play. It's quite unrealistic to cancel the transport on a stroke patient (for example) because you're still trying to clear out the nosebleeds from yesterday. Those patients would be discharged so quickly the ink wouldn't even be able to dry on the paperwork.

Just some food for though, especially considering we're about "emergency" services. The ED typically doesn't hold patients any longer than absolutely necessary, and will either transfer to an Inpatient department, outpatient observation, or discharge, to make room for incoming cases.

• So in other words, you build 1 hospital and it can handle all calls that you make for an entire day.... Doesn't that sound too easy for the game?
    The whole point is for your to build hospitals so you can handle all calls, unless your wanting this changed so you can save 380k expanding the hospital to get more beds, is that it?
    Because it worked fine for me, just build hospitals, they are an investment

• If that's the case I'd just build more hospital spaces for patients.

I am a bit confused. Are you saying patients should be released after a certain point at once instead of one at a time each hour? That would mean if you did 30 EMS calls at once then the next hour to 4 hours later you could do it again. That's just childs play in my opinion. Too easy.

I agree that a severe patient should be admitted for more than an hour but not if multiple patients get released at one time if that's what you're saying.

The way to work with this alone, try to build more than one hospital. I've been there before where you are at now but after the second hospital it gets easier especially if you keep working at it and making more space one at a time.

Now if you're in an alliance and they have hospitals too, then you're in the clear with making more calls. Just don't piss off your fellow alliance members by taking up all their space as well. I've done this before but thankfully no one complained about it.

• I will translate this for you into a simple sentence

His idea is this:

After one hour the patient leaves the hospital
    or in other words
    If you were to send 30 ambulances into the same hospital right now, one hour later the hospital would be empty again :D

Like I said, makes the game too easy

• I am against that idea. Way too easy and less challenging. I will never shut another person down for their ideas and will respect that everyone is entitled to their own opinion but if this happened then I'd be making more credits and would be less interested cause there'd be no challenge. Say if someone had a hospital capacity of 100-200 beds. That'd be highway robbery right there. 8|

Now if 30 serious patients were released after 4 hours or more then I'd be fine. But no, not every hour. And you're not gonna have that many serious patients all the time of course unless it was a call such as the Bus Accident or a Residential Fire. Etc. Etc.

• Sorry, stupid - Build more Hospitals - if u have only 1 Hospital with 4 example 10 Beds - With 10 Patients it will take 10 Hours if it is empty. Right?
    If u have 10 Hospitals with 10 Patients (every Hospital get 1 Patient), all hospitals are empty in 1 Hour. Do u understand this System?
    I have 13 Hospitals or Medical Centers in my Town. No Hospital has more then 10 Beds. All Surgion and Internal Station. But then? 5x Trauma Station, 3 Cardiology Station, 3xNeurology and 2x Gynegology. And always Beds free

https://screenshots.firefox.co…Li7A/www.missionchief.com

• I don't see that it makes it any "easier", at least not any more easy (and ridiculous than cancelling a transport because there is not a bed available. As a for instance, I currently have 3 maxed hospitals, placed in their real-world locations. During a single day of playing I can easily fill all 90 beds...which is the MAXIMUM expansion currently allowed. It then takes 30 hours of not transporting a single patient to be able to reset those. If you want to talk about something being realistic, an ED would keep patients in their ER (which is what we simulate) for 30 hours. They would either 1) release them (discharge), or 2) move to another department. Neither of those options are currently available (or should be). I fail to see how having a patient be released after a few hours makes it too easy, when you have calls that can generate 20 patients.

The solution to "build more hospitals" is great if you're focusing on very urban areas, but for those of us who like the challenge of playing realistically in a more rural environment it's ridiculous to have to basically not play at all for over a day since the hospital is full.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!