HEMS Separated from Ambulance

• I would like to see HEMS separated out from ambulance for purpose of response plans/regulations. I would like to have a HEMS unit respond to something like an Active Assailant or part of a "Task Force" for storms, etc. However I don't want to send a HEMS unit to say a Residential Fire automatically because it shows up closer than an ambulance. Especially for members who have stations spread out over great distances this could be an issue.

• I completely agree with you here. Just like I want type 1 and 2 to be separated but I won't hijack your topic with that. The way I've gotten around it is to use groups for your HEMS instead. Edit the helicopter and select 'exclude from alarm and response' and then create a 'group' (in the menu under A&R). You'll have to create different groups for however many HEMS you have otherwise it'll send all at the same time.

• Agree - groups are great but not for each vehicle, it becomes a pain! Lots of good suggestions I'm seeing recently having not been on recently. Hopefully this can become a thing!

NF14 - Content Adviser Team (UK)
    Ex Emergency Operations Centre Staff
    Current Operational Ambulance Staff

• I completely agree with you here. Just like I want type 1 and 2 to be separated but I won't hijack your topic with that. The way I've gotten around it is to use groups for your HEMS instead. Edit the helicopter and select 'exclude from alarm and response' and then create a 'group' (in the menu under A&R). You'll have to create different groups for however many HEMS you have otherwise it'll send all at the same time.

That is certainly an option and how I do it now, however, if I can set it up in my alarm regulations it still takes a button click out of it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!