Rescue Agency

• Hello,

So, I was talking with some of my alliance members (australian alliance) and we realised that in Australia (and probably many other countries) we have a "State Emergency Services" or SES. Basically, these are in each state and are run by mostly volunteeers (some paid). Instead of fighting fires, they are more of a rescue agency. So they attend incidents like flooding salvages, MVAs, fallen trees (majority of their calls - sometimes 30 tree down calls in one day (not even with a storm outside)), building collapses (using rescue dogs), search and rescues (sometimes joining with the police), cliff rescues, and more rescues (can come up with big list if needed).

To sum it up, the SES is a rescue service and does not fight fires, instead it focuses on rescues. Majority of calls are tree downs, or search and rescues where they can use rescue dogs to try locate missing people.

I, along with many other Australian players would like to see a rescue agency added into the game. If you need more detailed information, please let me know. Feel free to post feedback as I would love you hear your thoughts. :)

• So, this fits nicely into EMS special operations, while the organisation you specify doesn't link in to the EMS system so strongly, with come creativity and brain cells it should work nicely with your system.

• Hey there, thanks for making this discussion as I wondered the same thing when I began playing MissionChief quite a while ago.

What me181 said is true, however, I think it is a good idea to discuss the possibility of adding dedicated rescue stations instead of always fire stations or EMS stations.

I'm a volunteer for the NSW SES, the lead combat agency for floods, storm and tsunami. We do not fight fires but often support Rural Fire Brigades logistically, we also assist in searches for missing persons under the command of Police Rescue. The unit above mine is accredited for Road Crash Rescue, General Land Rescue, medical, etc. and frequently respond to those calls, the only rescue my unit does are flood rescues, and every single unit has a floodboat. Our standard response vehicles are storm trucks, most of our jobs are not life-threatening but tree jobs and damaged property as an example are very common, if you want to see some photos or learn more just let me know and I can point you in the right direction.

Despite the fact that we can easily have Heavy Rescue or Rescue Engines with Fire Trucks, JebbyJnr is right that there are a number of agencies around the world that do rescue but do not fight fires, they also don't have ambulances, I'm not sure how this is adapted to the US or UK but in NSW Australia we also have a few other rescue agencies.

- The Volunteer Rescue Association (Volunteer emergency service for road crash rescue, animal rescue, domestic and industrial rescue, searches, the list goes on).
    - NSW Cave Rescue (Affiliated with the NSW VRA and work alongside Police Rescue and Fire + Rescue services)
    - Bush Search and Rescue NSW (They have now joined the NSW SES as an independent unit, work under the command of Police Rescue)

In reality, these services are of great benefit to communities, especially in rural areas and reduce the stressful workload of paid emergency workers, we all work together. I want to see what some other people think, I would really dig this being an option but I can still have dedicated rescue services as a fire station if it's not worth doing, perhaps this can be considered for the future since there seems to be a lot planned?

Below is a photo of one of the SES units I have setup in MissionChief.

• International Red Cross would be a prime example of where the features you have described are put into place on a worldwide level. Some Disaster Relief function wouldn't actually go amiss and would allow bigger setups to take on bigger challenges.

• Hi, I'm Pomm Granate & I have been playing MC for a couple years now. I have played fairly actively over the years and have declined over the years, but I still love this game and am hoping to play and be active for the years to come, especially with my Alliance. I have seen many appear, good or bad, that is my opinion but whether I believe it's bad, I'm sure many think is good. I don't engage much within these discussions, but more so am a floater who just reads them out of interest. One reason being is, sometimes people can be toxic and it's not worth fighting.

I believe incorporating an agency, similar to the SES or Red Cross would be fantastic within MC, especially for the reasons listed above, kindly. I think not only it would add the the level of unique calls, allow another agency to focus on another area and even like real life, allow say volunteer FD's to focus on fire's and the countryside while the SES would perhaps be able to take some of that pressure in game.

I also believe this game could create a new interest and path within this game. Some people only focus on policing in game, many on firefighting and whatever their interest desires. I am very sure many would love to focus on a rescue operated and focused agency. This could target a new audience, increase player attention, add new challenges, calls and just be a new exciting feature which people can focus on for the time being.

I found it easy to incorporate our Country Fire Service into the game, by just renaming and adding pictures, but with something that is heavily rescue and support based, I believe that just renaming and modifying is not really worthwhile in my opinion, as in game, they will do jobs they wouldn't necessarily do, taking out the realism many desire in this game.

Thanks Jeb for creating this discussion, it's a good idea and thanks Generic Dispatch for engaging and giving some insight within the SES. Thanks for what you do also! Much respect.
    I've seen both of you engage within the community and create/discuss valuable ideas and it's nice to hear.
    Me18, thanks for engaging on the other hand, but as you discussed the Red Cross, I believe that would've been great to go into further detail and contribute to this discussion further, rather than trying to shut it down to those only seeking to give positive feedback and ideas to the game. No offence.

Thanks,
    Pommy

• I do like the idea, but I feel it has to be rather measured, bearing in mind what this game is at the moment.

We've gone to great lengths to suggest why we want it, but to absolutely no extent in the actual formulation of what this may look like.
    Starting this idea out, you could potentially have a new building - 'rescue agency,' this could just some vehicles added to it. However, without the option of spawning medical calls around the building.

The issue still remains as to how far you could go with the selection of vehicles. The rescue capabilities of the various rescue agencies are completely different. It would be silly to just to dump the suggestion in game as it currently sits.

The game already has plenty of heavy rescue vehicles in their various options. So there is no 'pressure' on that side of the game. As it currently stands, it would be ludicrous for anyone to consider the rescue side on it's own as a viable option when playing the game, maybe suggesting changes there would be in order.

What seems to have been forgotten time and time again, is that this is a game, please don't see it as 'shutting down' but rather suggesting room for improvement in the current proposals.

• The UK still experiences heat waves, drought, 'extreme weather' so to speak. Perhaps more alliance event missions (as there are only 3) and storm related calls, heatwaves, medical epidemics?

Hi, I'm Cameron.
    I cover the operational area of the West Midlands, Guernsey, Jersey, Warwickshire, Staffordshire and the North West.

Chief Operations Manager for AllianceUK.

• The UK still experiences heat waves, drought, 'extreme weather' so to speak. Perhaps more alliance event missions (as there are only 3) and storm related calls, heatwaves, medical epidemics?

Heatwave is an interesting one, not sure how it's going to be significantly different to the current storm one, that said some extra options wouldn't go amiss.

Back on topic, this again shows another difficulty with the rescue agency side of things as the requirements from different players will be completely different.

• I found it easy to incorporate our Country Fire Service into the game, by just renaming and adding pictures, but with something that is heavily rescue and support based, I believe that just renaming and modifying is not really worthwhile in my opinion, as in game, they will do jobs they wouldn't necessarily do, taking out the realism many desire in this game.

Personally I don't see the need for such a thing to be brought into the game.

The number of vehicles which we simply just rename and edit already is quite substantial. I do the exact same for my stations with 100% rescue vehicles, as I see no hassle in doing so... Not sure why they would attend calls they're not supposed to, could you explain that a bit further?

Alternatively, I would suggest giving the players the ability to start a fire station with a heavy rescue perhaps. Something as simple as that!

• Personally I don't see the need for such a thing to be brought into the game.
    The number of vehicles which we simply just rename and edit already is quite substantial. I do the exact same for my stations with 100% rescue vehicles, as I see no hassle in doing so... Not sure why they would attend calls they're not supposed to, could you explain that a bit further?

Alternatively, I would suggest giving the players the ability to start a fire station with a heavy rescue perhaps. Something as simple as that!

It's a real difficulty, as I think what's being expected is just totally different from each and every player suggesting it. The differences in how they operate over different areas is quite profound, so I totally agree at the moment that the best option is to keep things simple.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!