Station entry/exit point

• Hi all,

My thoughts on this particular topic are growing and growing, every time I build more stations... :thumbsup: So, let me explain:

For those who play fairly realistic, this may relate to you a whole lot more. Yes it might not be fundamental to the game, but I find that every bonus feature improves gameplay and makes it even better than what it currently is! Pretty much what I'm suggesting is the ability to tell the game where our vehicles should re-enter or exit the station. What I mean by this is - in the game sometimes your vehicles magically 'jump' back into your station from a point on the road which the game determines to be the closest point to your station (at least that is what it seems to do). Whereas this may be way off to where it actually is. My question is, could we have a way to manually set where our vehicles enter and exit the station?

Say for instance, the game just doesn't want to make your vehicles enter/exit the station in the way you want it to - could there be a marking system (like POI's) where we tell the game where the entry/exit points to the station are? :P Another prime example is... When in real life, a station has vehicles exiting from the front but re-enter from a rear gate (this is very common here in my particular area of Australia, not sure about other parts of the world).

In saying that, I would recommend introducing 3 sets of 'POI' markers - 'station entry', 'station exit', 'station entry/exit''. That way it should cater for all setups!

Hopefully that explanation is clear... If this isn't actually possible as somehow this is determined by the independent map site, which would be strange as ultimately you're just using another road to access the station - then just let me know :)

• I would rather enjoy this addition, not seeing any disadvantages,or radical Gameplay changes that sometimes suggestions like these can bring out. It may be helpful to add this to the edit option of the station and have a limit on how far these POIs can be from the station.

• I would rather enjoy this addition, not seeing any disadvantages,or radical Gameplay changes that sometimes suggestions like these can bring out. It may be helpful to add this to the edit option of the station and have a limit on how far these POIs can be from the station.

You make a good point in mentioning the distance from the station - somewhere between 50-100 metres should be fine I think?

• It does make sense but just doesn't see how this aspect will improve the game in anyway?

For those who play fairly realistic, this may relate to you a whole lot more. Yes it might not be fundamental to the game, but I find that every bonus feature improves gameplay and makes it even better than what it currently is!

Like I said in my original post (see above quote), every little feature that you can control can make the game even better!

Some updates may not be used by all, and that is the case for some things... Just how things work. Take the recent mission search function for example - I have not once used it, but I'm sure some others have.

If there is enough support, then I don't see an issue (my original post speaks for that). The suggestion made about distance is a valid point, and I am all open to feedback like that :thumbsup:

• What I mean is that there are currently more important updates to work on. Namely the EMS Special Operations and the Wildfire Update.

I really don't think comments like these are helpful in any way. Yes, there are more 'important' things, however everyone is aware of this and it is not the topic at hand.

On the note of EMS special operations, having seem some of the moderator comments lately I haven't seen much in the way of positive vibes, so I'm not too optimistic.

I do rather like the suggestion and I fail to see a negative impact to the game, with the use of a limit to distance. It's a small addon that takes away one irritating aspect of stations in game.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!