Adding a Corner/Medical Examiner

• Would you think a coroner/CSI would be a good add for alliance/RP realism 19

1. Yes (12) 63%
    2. No (7) 37%

-A coroner is a government official who is empowered to conduct or order an inquest into the manner or cause of death, and to investigate or confirm the identity of an unknown person who has been found dead within the coroner's jurisdiction from a ME's office and to assist Law Enforcement CSI.
    In different jurisdictions the terms "coroner" and "medical examiner" are defined differently. In some places, stringent rules require that the medical examiner be a forensic pathologist. In others, the medical examiner must be a physician, though not necessarily a forensic pathologist or even a pathologist; physicians with no experience in forensic medicine have become medical examiners. In others, such as Wisconsin, each county sets standards, and in some, the medical examiner does not need any medical or educational qualifications.
    Not all U.S. jurisdictions use a coroner system for medicolegal death investigation—some are on a medical examiner system, others are on a mixed coroner–medical examiner system. In the U.S., the terms "coroner" and "medical examiner" vary widely in meaning by jurisdiction, as do qualifications and duties for these offices. Advocates have promoted the medical examiner model as more accurate given the more stringent qualifications.
    Local laws define the deaths a coroner must investigate, but most often include those that are sudden, unexpected, and have no attending physician—and deaths that are suspicious or violent. In some places in the United States, a coroner has other special powers, such as the ability to arrest the county sheriff.
    Duties always include determining the cause, time, and manner of death. This uses the same investigatory skills of a police detective in most cases, because the answers are available from the circumstances, scene, and recent medical records. In many American jurisdictions, any death not certified by the person's own physician must be referred to the medical examiner. If an individual dies outside of his/her state of residence, the coroner of the state in which the death took place issues the death certificate. Only a small percentage of deaths require an autopsy to determine the time, cause and manner of death.

(Source for thread Wikipedia)

• To be honest and not trying to shoot any ideas down, Death isn't necessarily a good way to go for this game. It has been brought up before and turned down. Death is real in the emergency services but on a game standpoint, This may not be the best thing to do.

But please keep up bringing ideas up! Not trying to discourage you but this is how I feel about this topic.

• As above said. It’s not a bad idea and would compliment the game, but the devs have said they want to stay away from specifically mentioning death, a coroner would do just this. It’s the same reason we won’t get the chance of patients dying on sever medical calls. Like the chances are the patient on the cardiac arrest call may end up dying as it is only a 10% survival rate outside of hospital, but in this game, you will transport the patient 100% of the time.

Like I say. Not a bad idea, just not the direction the devs want the game to go.

• I think It would be a good fit for the game on a realistic level. Death is apart of life and we all see it right in front of us with the line of work most of us do... I know from the games perspective I could see some people scratching their heads thinking it's not a good idea. But on a personal level I think It could be a good addition to the game on a "realistic Level". But what about Tow trucks?? I saw something mention that. We all require Tow Trucks to clear our MVA's in the real world!

• I don' think it is a bad idea at all. It just shouldnt be tied to a medical call time-wise. For example, what about cardiac arrests. What about these large MVA's with 19 people. What if detectives want to be added? Especially because attempted homicide is already in, might as well. I dont understand why death shouldnt be added in just to use a few more units.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!