Earthquake mission frequency

• There has been a fair bit of discussion lately about how the forest/wildfire missions are very rare to generate. That to me sounds as if they control the percentage chance of a mission appearing, therefore the frequency of earthquake missions need to be reduced dramatically. :thumbsup:

Nearly all other missions have times where they don't seem to appear, yet I am constantly seeing earthquakes. Why are there so many? If anything, they should be some of the rarest missions, given not everywhere sees them - and they are unlikely to be of high magnitude very often. So, can these missions please be addressed?

• There has been a fair bit of discussion lately about how the forest/wildfire missions are very rare to generate. That to me sounds as if they control the percentage chance of a mission appearing, therefore the frequency of earthquake missions need to be reduced dramatically.

There is no such thing as a setting for the percentage chance of a mission appearing. I know people have been saying there is, they can wish for it all they want but it doesn't exist, at least when Sebastian sold the game and the new developers have confirmed recently that the call generation logic still works in exactly the same way.

The reason there are so many earthquake calls is that any fire station can spawn them (so far greater odds of an appropriate station being randomly selected) and that there are 4 different earthquake calls (small, medium, large, major) - that already gives it 4x more chances than any other call being selected to generate.
    The reason why there are so few forestry calls is because first a station with a forestry expansion has to be randomly selected to spawn the next call and then, out of the total available fire missions (yes including the 4 earthquake ones), a specific forestry mission needs to be randomly selected.

They should be a large scale mission that an alliance can run once every so often. Like a storm. Not a regular occurring mission

I agree this would be a lot better, they could still keep the 4 different earthquake calls and mix them in with a few other appropriate missions (e.g. unsafe scaffolding) and have them generate in an event area like a storm. This also means it can be used in more targeted areas.

Either that reduce the number of earthquake calls in circulation, just having 1 or 2 at the most would reduce the spawn rate of earthquake calls a lot.

Meanwhile, the only way to increase frequency of forestry calls is to increase the proportion of your stations that have the forestry expansion therefore increasing the likelihood of a forestry mission being selected.

• Looks like the devs cant do anything about this monster of earthquake calls, everytime I launch the game I get 2-3 major earthquakes, 2 large earthquakes and a couple small earthquakes that immediately turn to majors. Very draining and extermely difficult to work other jobs, and we cant let these calls sit, we would only be able to hold so many until no more calls would be generated....PLEASE HELP US IN OUR DILEMMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• I agree it completely sucks royaly but try this one on. Have 2 major earthquakes, bus in river a major terminal collapse, large pass train derailment happen in a short period. That happened when the major earthquake first came out. The most patients I have seen on one call is 58. Not all needed transport but still all needed care

You may not have the funds to build another hospital right now and can't, but long term yes you can in the future. Hospital beds increase has been a long discussion. I have even considered building 2 hospitals in the same location and naming them wing one or wing 2. I have resorted to making urgent care centers hospitals as they have more beds.

You also have the option to no transport patient yes you will make more credits but if you don't have the room then you don't have the room at the very bottom it give you the option to leave without transport

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!