New medical update

• Im a bit confused by this, are you suggesting a clinic could handle a major trauma. Its not about the staff, ye by all means you could have the best trauma team in the world, but without the facilities it wouldnt work? A clinical wouldn't have xray, ct, mri, operating theatres, emergency department with resus, blood bank etc etc

No, never said a clinic would handle major trauma cases, just pointed out that in some areas local clinics have advanced trained staff avaliable to help with emergency cases.

Currently in game a clinic can only have paramedic ambulance based there but in real life some clinics have a paramedic ambulance and a advanced medical professional avaliable typically a GP who responds to emergencies like cardiac arrests, major trauma and multiple casualty incidents, this is done to provide advanced care until the patient can be transferred to the local hospital or airlifted out.

In Scotland on the islands each has a emergency clinic, they operate as MIU and mostly by nurses but due to the remoteness each clinic is typicaly part of the GP practice and it is common for the GP to also treat emergencies in these clinics. Yes we have air ambulance but for some rural locations even they can be an hour away so are not seen as critical care in some incidents more as emergency medical transfer for a patient stabilised by the local medical team

The critical care in game is essentially advanced paramedic or a doctor so it would not be unreasonable to have clinics in game allow this.

• Oh I see, sorry. I completely agree then. The critical care vehicle in game could be used as an advanced paramedic, hems vehicle, basics ect and I completely agree that some urgent care centres and minor injuries units do have on call doctors so would make a lot of sense.

• OK, got 2 possible fixes that would help this.

1. Activate critical care at clinics too, as in real life it is common that some clinics/miu/such do have doctors or advanced trained staff either in site or on call, to respond to incidents that need advanced care. We have the vehicles at the clinics so would make sense to have the staff.

2. Is sort of implemented but needs reworked, just now if we turn off critical care all dispatches turn it off. It would be better if we could switch some off and keep some on, this way we can manage critical care slightly better.

Ideally would be great for both to be done so it makes it easier to manage.

• You can have multiple areas with critical care, I only have critical care in my main region where as in the smaller regions I have it turned off, you need multiple dispatch centers.

• You can have multiple areas with critical care, I only have critical care in my main region where as in the smaller regions I have it turned off, you need multiple dispatch centers.

I have tried to have that and it is not working. I have 4 dispatch centres.

Northern, Eastern and Western Commands all would have it on

The 4th my island dispatch i set to off and it turns them all off.

So not working for me.

• There were rumors that this was only the 1st part of the medical update.
    Do we have any intel about this second part?

cheers.

After recent events on here I don’t want to speak of details or rumoured time scales however I can tell you there are a further 2 parts to the medical update (maybe more depending on how the devs split the content)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!