Unsolicited Direct Messages

• I know there is nothing in the game rules just now to stop other alliances messaging members of another alliance but it is becoming a common issue now that members of the alliance I'm part of are experiencing on a daily basis.

It is beginning to annoy them that they are being sent these unsolicited messages and they are asking for a way to prevent people contacting them directly unless they are either part of the same alliance of are friends with the other person.

Surely the devs can introduce a way to control this.

As to providing a place of contact for new applicants that could be done by having a button that says contact alliance admin and that will send a message to alliance admin (not co admin).

Yes blocking works but only works after the fact.

It is about time the devs changed this so that we can decide who can contact us in game.

• I personally think it should be made easier to block a player within the message too.

At the moment, it's not obvious that you need to click on their username, and then click ignore the player.

There needs to be more done for players to be able to limit the amount of 'alliance join spam' that gets sent to our inboxes.

Gorilla has suggested a great ways of handling this:
    1) Adding a toggle in the settings to only allow messages from friends

But I wanted to offer my own possible options too:
    2) Have a dedicated system for alliance invites, maybe marking yourself as 'seeking alliance', and then there's a specific way for alliance staff members to contact you if you have this enabled.
    3) Have a system where you can toggle the ability for non alliance members from contacting you.

Hope this offers some help for devs when they decide what the best way is to combat this ongoing issue.

• Just to expand on the original post, maybe an idea could be a shared Alliance Inbox so that anyone outside of an alliance can contact an alliance admin. Then only friends or members of the same alliance can contact a player directly. This then stops any chance of sending different messages to admins, reduces message traffic and enables an easier audit trail should anyone become particular bothersome.

Any alliance that then like to message players before accepting into their alliance could use that shared mailbox, and all admins could monitor. I'd extend access to Co-Admins too (although this could be given to each alliance as an option)?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!