ALS Medical Training for Fire Apparatus

• Hello. I'm not sure if I'm confused about what the new ALS Medical Training for Fire Apparatus is supposed to do, but it appears to not be working the way it seems like it should. If I dispatch a regular Type 1 Engine to a medical call with 4 ALS trained staff and a BLS Ambulance, it won't treat ALS patients. It appears that the ALS Medical Training for Fire Apparatus only works for staff assigned to the new EMS/Fire Engine/Ambulance. Is this intended or is this a bug?

• it also seems I cant get my crew trained, I placed an ALS engine at a fire house but when I go into the EMS academy that fire station isn't visible or any other fire station with an ambulance station inside

The training to add ALS crew to an engine in a fire house is in the fire academy, not the ems academy. That appears to be the ONLY ems training available in the fire academy. The other ones are only available in the ems academy and the units that match up with them can only be bought at an ambulance station.

• Hello. I'm not sure if I'm confused about what the new ALS Medical Training for Fire Apparatus is supposed to do, but it appears to not be working the way it seems like it should. If I dispatch a regular Type 1 Engine to a medical call with 4 ALS trained staff and a BLS Ambulance, it won't treat ALS patients. It appears that the ALS Medical Training for Fire Apparatus only works for staff assigned to the new EMS/Fire Engine/Ambulance. Is this intended or is this a bug?

The new fire engine/ambulance is LITERALLY a fire engine towing an ambulance, it will treat & transport as if it's an ambulance also.

• I had a strange request for rigs, it said a few rigs along with (1 HazMat, X4 Hazmat.) never seen this before I had only sent the 1 HazMat unit then when it arrived all was GTG, icon went green. does the (X4) mean more personnel now?

x4 means you need 4 staff trained in HazMat. If you had a HazMat unit with 3 trained then it will show you are short 1 HazMat trained personnel.

• Oh, that makes a lot more sense. so hopefully in the next part, we can train ppl to be put in regular fire engines... very confusing honesty never heard of an engine which can also transport lol.

• Oh, that makes a lot more sense. so hopefully in the next part, we can train ppl to be put in regular fire engines... very confusing honesty never heard of an engine which can also transport lol.

I think you can. There is training in the Fire Academies' now for ALS Medical training For Fire Apparatus.

• Fire Engine Ambulance is also in the Volusia County Fire Rescue since a while .

I'm also very confused with the ALS training for FF's and I have the same question (if ALS trained FF car handle a medical call like a flycar if they are in a regular Truck (and whatever the truck used, from the Type1, Type3, Plateforme Truck, ect...)).
    I already suggested to write a FAQ article with new vehicles specifications, differences with actual ALS/BLS Ambulances, and all relative question we can have like here.

• Fire Engine Ambulance is also in the Volusia County Fire Rescue since a while .

I'm also very confused with the ALS training for FF's and I have the same question (if ALS trained FF car handle a medical call like a flycar if they are in a regular Truck (and whatever the truck used, from the Type1, Type3, Plateforme Truck, ect...)).
    I already suggested to write a FAQ article with new vehicles specifications, differences with actual ALS/BLS Ambulances, and all relative question we can have like here.

I suspect if a FF has the ALS training and there is a patient then they could treat the patient (get that timer going) if no Amb is onsite. Then if the pt is to be transported then an applicable unit will need to be onsite. I have seen pt get assgined to fire units on scene when amb have not arrived. So when a trained person is on site the timer goes down for each pt being treated. Could be huge for the rural sites if the ff are trained ems and it takes time for a rig to arrive. Now to further complicate things is if BLS arrives and the pt requires ALS service does the FF qualify that like a fly car with an ALS person. hmm something to test but I do not have BLS anymore I cut them out

• I suspect if a FF has the ALS training and there is a patient then they could treat the patient (get that timer going) if no Amb is onsite. Then if the pt is to be transported then an applicable unit will need to be onsite. I have seen pt get assgined to fire units on scene when amb have not arrived. So when a trained person is on site the timer goes down for each pt being treated. Could be huge for the rural sites if the ff are trained ems and it takes time for a rig to arrive. Now to further complicate things is if BLS arrives and the pt requires ALS service does the FF qualify that like a fly car with an ALS person. hmm something to test but I do not have BLS anymore I cut them out

I guess so but this need a confirmation.
    I'm asking this to reproduce with more fidelity the medical response of the area I play (Santa Clara County) wher a first response unit is responding alongside of a county ambulance (the first response unit can be a Type 1, a Truck, even a Hazmat truck or whatever is available) . I won't made any move without any sure infos, especially with a "Part 1" content pack release... ;)

• I guess so but this need a confirmation.
    I'm asking this to reproduce with more fidelity the medical response of the area I play (Santa Clara County) wher a first response unit is responding alongside of a county ambulance (the first response unit can be a Type 1, a Truck, even a Hazmat truck or whatever is available) . I won't made any move without any sure infos, especially with a "Part 1" content pack release... ;)

very true

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!