Possible POI's

• I don't see the need for an actual brush truck when you can just use the type 2 which really acts as one. It has a personal max as 3 which does imply it is not a standard engine. It is also better than being considered utility trucks. You also have to remember that a brush truck doesn't exist in some places outside of the United States which for players doing realistic setups wouldn't work. Even people in the United States that only stay in cities where there are no brush trucks (as far as I know of).

There isn't a need for a type 2 engine as well. My idea here was to convert the type 2 engine to a brush truck. It is not a drastic need of doing so but as I said before, this is a list that I would like to see incorporated eventually. The units I suggested all make sense for a US based game. Many of you may not be familiar with these type of units but it shouldn't automatically be shut down just because a few people have never heard of it or or not familiar with it. Outside of the US they may not utilize a brush truck but this particular version of the game is based off of the United States. Brush trucks are used all over the country and even big cities such as L.A., FDNY, even fire rescue departments down here in south Florida. For personnel on a brush truck, I personally have never seen nor heard of a brush truck with a staffing level of 3-6 firefighters before. At that point, the department might as well utilize that personnel on a engine. Brush trucks wouldn't replace an engine on a call that requires an engine. They tend to be either quick response vehicles to brush fires hence the name brush truck. It doesn't have the same capabilities as a type 1 engine would.

• There isn't a need for a type 2 engine as well. My idea here was to convert the type 2 engine to a brush truck. It is not a drastic need of doing so but as I said before, this is a list that I would like to see incorporated eventually. The units I suggested all make sense for a US based game. Many of you may not be familiar with these type of units but it shouldn't automatically be shut down just because a few people have never heard of it or or not familiar with it. Outside of the US they may not utilize a brush truck but this particular version of the game is based off of the United States. Brush trucks are used all over the country and even big cities such as L.A., FDNY, even fire rescue departments down here in south Florida. For personnel on a brush truck, I personally have never seen nor heard of a brush truck with a staffing level of 3-6 firefighters before. At that point, the department might as well utilize that personnel on a engine. Brush trucks wouldn't replace an engine on a call that requires an engine. They tend to be either quick response vehicles to brush fires hence the name brush truck. It doesn't have the same capabilities as a type 1 engine would.

These vehicles are considered brush trucks and are used in the same role as a type 1, they also carry 4-5 fire fighters:

The problem I see with making a brush truck requirement for current calls is that people in large cities such as New York that has over 200+ stations are going to struggle with response times as no doubt they will get a little wildfire call in south Manhattan, and they could go unrealistic but I dont think these players would be forced into doing that to there setups, especially the large established players not just in the US but world wide as well.

This would be a substantial change to any large setups and I am not sure if that is the best thing to do at the moment whilst there are more important things such as the development of police and EMS.

• They may have the ability to carry that amount of personnel but brush trucks won't carry 3-5 firefighters on a brush truck. It just doesn't make any sense from a financial standpoint nor operational standpoint to over-staff a brush truck. Many brush trucks are cross staffed with another rig's personnel so typically 1-2 people may be utilized for it. Little to none brush trucks are utilized and used to replace a type one engine. They don't have the ability to replace a type 1 engine without compromising level of service. As for the second picture, that would be considered a type 2 fire engine (wildland fire engine). Although they may look similar to a brush truck, they are different in pumping capabilities as well the size of the tank. As for the calls, you can make it to where it is like the pd, ambulances, airport extensions, etc. You don't have to have that unit but if you do, then a certain type of call will require a brush truck or two. That eliminates the issue to where players that have departments that don't utilize brush trucks, can stay realistic and not have to worry about purchasing a brush truck. I forget who it was on the forums but a particular player doesn't utilize any police units so it would be the same case as that players but only for a brush truck.

Again, I created this post as a suggestion from the things that I may like to see implemented into the game. If you are not familiar with some of my ideas, that's okay but don't continue to reply arguing about the same issue over and over again because you don't see these type of rigs from where your located, your not familiar with them, or you don't agree. I appreciate the feedback but it gets tedious having new notifications basically saying the same thing. These units are ALL based off of United States emergency service units throughout the country and this version of Mission Chief is in fact based off of the United States.

• They may have the ability to carry that amount of personnel but brush trucks won't carry 3-5 firefighters on a brush truck. It just doesn't make any sense from a financial standpoint nor operational standpoint to over-staff a brush truck. Many brush trucks are cross staffed with another rig's personnel so typically 1-2 people may be utilized for it. Little to none brush trucks are utilized and used to replace a type one engine. They don't have the ability to replace a type 1 engine without compromising level of service. As for the second picture, that would be considered a type 2 fire engine (wildland fire engine). Although they may look similar to a brush truck, they are different in pumping capabilities as well the size of the tank. As for the calls, you can make it to where it is like the pd, ambulances, airport extensions, etc. You don't have to have that unit but if you do, then a certain type of call will require a brush truck or two. That eliminates the issue to where players that have departments that don't utilize brush trucks, can stay realistic and not have to worry about purchasing a brush truck. I forget who it was on the forums but a particular player doesn't utilize any police units so it would be the same case as that players but only for a brush truck.

Again, I created this post as a suggestion from the things that I may like to see implemented into the game. If you are not familiar with some of my ideas, that's okay but don't continue to reply arguing about the same issue over and over again because you don't see these type of rigs from where your located, your not familiar with them, or you don't agree. I appreciate the feedback but it gets tedious having new notifications basically saying the same thing. These units are ALL based off of United States emergency service units throughout the country and this version of Mission Chief is in fact based off of the United States.

What you have said about the calls makes sense, in regards to the player who does not have police that probably is me, the police aspect has never really appealed to me, thats why i have over 80 ambulance stations and over 200 fire stations but no police, however due to the new airport calls and the new units for police (SWAT etc) i am currently saving up 25,630,000 credits to get comfortable coverage of my area.

As for your other suggestions on POI's i really like the Seaport idea, as with the airport it could bring so much new content in regards to missions and POI's that it would be a great addition to the game, also your swimming pool POI is already in the game, its just that its called swimming bath, however it would still be nice to see some relevant calls generated here as currently there are none (That i am aware of).

• Remember there are a huge amount of volunteer departments that run full staffed brush trucks ranging from 2-6 people plus because there is an option to run 6 people per rig doesn't mean you have to run 6 six people when I do huge expansions to my setup(buying a station and adding like 6 rigs) I put minimal staffing on all units till I hire enough people to fully staff. In regards to it not being used for all calls I think the calls it can de used on are:
    Bin fire?
    Burning car?
    Burning motorbike?
    Burning grass
    Garden shed fire?
    Burning leaves?
    Bulk trash?
    Bale of straw fire
    Tractor fire
    Burning callbox?
    Tree on road
    Burning truck?
    Little field fire
    Little wildfire
    Caravan fire?
    Mailbox fire?
    Brush pile
    Burning trailer?
    Burning bus shelter?
    Road accident
    Gas leak?
    Harvester fire
    Wastebin fire?
    Major fire?
    Manhole fire?
    Burning machine?
    Burning locomotive?
    Gas station fire?
    Dangerous goods truck accident?
    Pile up?
    Tree on bikeway
    Burning substation?
    Person under tree?
    Traffic accident-ice?
    MVA rollover?
    Industrial fire?
    Building collapse?
    Trench rescue?
    Officer down?
    Missing person?
    Unknown tanker spill?
    Residential fire?
    Bomb explosion?
    Smoke in cabin?
    Brakes overheat?

That's what I think and what the brush/bush units respond to minus a couple.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!