SES Dog Rescue

• I have come across these two photos that show a SASES Dog Operations Unit. I think that there is potential for this vehicle to be added to the new Search and Rescue extension as a SES Dog Rescue with some new missions that require the unit. The purpose of the unit would be similar to K-9 but instead of tracking prisoners the dogs would work to locate missing or trapped persons. The vehicle would transport 2 people and there could be a new training (dog handling?) that will be required to operate the vehicle. I think that at missions it should also count as a SES vehicle. Tell me what you think in the comments.

Possible New Missions:

Name/Type of Mission: Missing person in bushland

Spawned By: SES Unit

Spawn Requirements: 2 Police Stations, 1 Rescue/Ambulance Stations, 2 SES Unit, 1 Search and Rescue Extension

Units Required: Police Cars 3, SES Dog Rescues 1, SES Vehicles 3, SES Quad Rescue 6x6s 1, SES Search and Rescue Trailers 1

POI Required (Use “none” if not needed): Forest

Patients: 1 (General Internal Specification) 80% chance of transport

Prisoners: 0

Time to Complete: 5 min

Credit Reward: 2500

Name/Type of Mission: Missing kayaker near lake

Spawn Requirements: 4 Police Stations, 1 Rescue/Ambulance Stations, 3 SES Unit, 1 Search and Rescue Extensions

Units Required: Police Cars 4, SES Dog Rescues 1, SES Vehicles 4, MRV or SES Rescue Truck 1, SES FOVs 1, Boats 2, SES Quad Rescue 6x6 1, SES Search and Rescue Trailers 1

POI Required (Use “none” if not needed): Lake

Patients: 1 (General Internal Specification) 70% chance of transport

Time to Complete: 7 min

Credit Reward: 5000

Name/Type of Mission: Storm damage to apartment block (persons trapped)

Spawn Requirements: 7 Fire Stations, 3 Rescue/Ambulance Stations, 4 SES Unit, 2 Search and Rescue Extensions

Units Required: Fire Trucks 4, Ladder Platforms 1, Ambulances 2, SES Dog Rescues 2, SES Vehicles 5, MRV or SES Rescue Truck 3, SES Search and Rescue Trailers 2

POI Required (Use “none” if not needed): None

Patients: 7 (General Surgeon Specification) 80% chance of transport

Time to Complete: 8 min

Credit Reward: 7500

Name/Type of Mission: Storm damage to houses (person trapped)

Spawn Requirements: 1 Rescue/Ambulance Stations, 1 SES Unit, 1 Search and Rescue Extensions

Units Required: SES Dog Rescues 1, SES Vehicles 1, MVR or SES Rescue Truck 1

Patients: 1 (General Internal Specification) 50% chance of transport

Time to Complete: 5 min

Credit Reward: 1000

Name/Type of Mission: School flooding (missing persons)

Spawn Requirements: 6 Fire Stations, 3 Rescue/Ambulance Stations, 4 SES Unit, 2 Search and Rescue Extensions, 1 Flood and Rescue Extensions

Units Required: Fire Trucks 4, SES Dog Rescues 2, SES Vehicles 5, MVR or SES Rescue Trucks 3, Boats 2, SES Sandbag Trailer 1, SES Pump Trailer 1, SES FOV 1, SES Search and Rescue Trailer 2

Patients: 7 (General Internal Specification) 70% chance of transport

Time to Complete: 8 min

Credit Reward: 8500

• Curiosity03

Changed the title of the thread from “SES Dog Operations Unit/Dog Rescue” to “SES Dog Rescue”.
  • Thanks for your input Curiosity, I will take the attached mission info for suggested missions and add them into our Mission Planning sheet for future inclusion.

On the Dog unit I will do some research to see how wide spread the use of dog units by the SES across Australia.

• Just so you know, all the missions require the SES Dog Rescue unit I am proposing. So they will not work unless the dog unit is implemented.

Edit: I know for sure that SA SES and WA SES have dog units. I am not so sure about other states but I still think that this unit would be a great new addition to the game

• So far I've been able to find that only SA and WA have directly affiliated SES Dog Units, however, Victoria has Search and Rescue Dogs Australia (SARDA), K9 SAR Inc and Australian Search and Rescue K9 (ASARK9), NSW has VRA Rescue NSW and Search Dogs Sydney (SDS), Queensland has the Queensland Fire and Emergency Services (QFES) DART Team and Tasmania has K9 SAR Inc. I wasn't able to find any info about the ACT or NT, unfortunately

• Bump. Was this taken to the devs? If so, why was it rejected? Just because the vehicles is officially only in 2 states, doesn't mean it can't be included. I don't know of any sandbagging trailers in Victoria, yet they are in-game.

• Curiosity the information has been taken on board by the Content Team and added to a list of future content packs. New vehicles get grouped together to form a release while mission suggestions are used for new Monday mission content. Hope this helps.

• As a new player why do you find it necessary to continue to bump dozens of threads daily? If they have not been addressed, it is a dead issue or it could be something that is being addressed by the moderators and developers..

Firstly, I have been playing Mission Chief for around 2 years, (I only joined the board recently) and I don't think that classifies as "new". I also do not bump "dozens of threads daily", in fact the other day was the first, and only time I 'bumped' anything. Recently I have been looking back on suggestions I put forward in the past, and bringing up those few that did not get a clear response. All I was looking for was some clarification/transparency on what had happened to my suggestion. And I do not think that unreasonable.

Thank you Smurf66 for replying to all my messages, it is much appreciated.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!